Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

overtherainbow

Anyone having an ice cream van?

overtherainbow, 18 July, 2009 at 09:52 Posted on Planning 0 14

I've had a few Brides send me photos back of their wedding flowers and they've had ice cream vans at their wedding which I think is a lovely idea! They had some great shots of the guests and the kids eating their cornets! Is it the 'in' thing at the moment?

14 replies

Latest activity by ooh la la, 19 July, 2009 at 09:36
  • ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

We have had a look at a couple of companies in Norfolk that have the old ice cream bikes.

I think it is around £300 for 100 guests to have one scoop in a cornet, each. But at the end of the day, it's a luxury, not a necessity! lol

x

• zoej1983
    Beginner August 2009
    zoej1983 ·
    • Hide content

WOW what a great idea, that would be so much fun. Never heard of it before but I would have looked into it if I had. lol

• ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

I thought about it but my friend had one last August and it was a very hot day. She ended up dragging her dress through melted icecream on the floor. Kinda put me off the idea a bit.

I do think it's a great idea though. I especially love the old fashion carts rather than the vans.

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.icecreamonthecake.co.uk/

http://www.choomoo.co.uk/

http://www.andysicecream.co.uk/

These are the ones that we've looked at (we like the second one the best!)

x

• ashmegdj
    Beginner August 2009
    ashmegdj ·
    • Hide content

We looked at choomoo too OLL!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Ooo, I like the bicycle ones! The pictures that the Brides sent me were of Mr Whippy type vans - love the idea though.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

This is one of the photos - unfortunately, I can't do the others as they are on the photographer's websites.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

See I knew this would happen, I'd come on Hitched and hear about a fab idea after the wedding! That's a fab idea and I want one now! [:'(]

I love ice cream as well.

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Personally I think the ice cream vans look tacky and commercial. Now the old fashioned ice cream carts look stylish.....especially the choomoo one.

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I've got my first ice cream van in a few weeks. I didn't want to offer canapes to the guests as it's a 3pm wedding and only 1 hour for pre reception drinks, but we wanted to do something a bit different. It's a very traditional wedding on all aspects and this just lifts it a little. I was looking at one of the traditional bikes but they're £395+vat for a 4 hour hire and we only wanted 1 hour. So I've contacted the local ice cream van company and have arranged for them to arrive about 5 mins before the end of the ceremony until the receiving line. Luckily they're very tasteful and not covered in pictures, just their company name on the top, as yes, sometimes they can look a bit tacky. They will offer a small selection, '99' orange, lemonade, cider lollies and then simply tally up the cost and I will pay it at the end. SOOOOOO much cheaper and it will be great for the kids, just need to make sure sticky hands don't go anywhere near my bride!!! As you said Rainbow, it'll be great for the photos!

Ruth

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They look brilliant don't they!

x

• Mrs S*
    Beginner January 2010
    Mrs S* ·
    • Hide content

I may need to hunt for one of those little stands when i get to turkey! You have to have ice cream at a beach! It's the rules! It will be good with the BBQ! x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I really like the carts and the bikes but I think the van idea makes it look a bit less contrived - like it just happened to turn up on the day rather than being a planned part of the wedding. But it definitely gives you good photo opportunities!

• busybee29
    Beginner July 2010
    busybee29 ·
    • Hide content

My son gets so excited whenever he hears the ice cream van tune, he hops from foot to foot. I think it would be a really nice idea for children at a reception

x

• ooh la la
    Beginner August 2013
    ooh la la ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? I have an image now of an ice cream man, scouring wedding forums to find out when people are getting married, then driving all around the country on Saturdays to attend and serve icecreams.

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics