Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner July 2020

Anyone having trouble with music during wedding breakfast?

RomanticGoldHair30256, 25 of July of 2019 at 12:51 Posted on Planning 0 6

I’m getting married in Essex next year. I have tried a guy called Adam on Piano for during wedding breakfast and he sounds amazing but fully booked! Smiley sad what’s everyone having re music during wedding breakfast?

6 replies

Latest activity by Mintyslippers, 30 of July of 2019 at 10:35
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

HI RomaticGoldHair

We're just using a playlist and our ipad plugged into the venue's sound system. Saves a bundle, and you can totally customise it!

Hope this helps!

Ali xx

• E
    Beginner April 2020
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti853 ·
    • Hide content

We are having singer x2 who play instruments (Laura’s paper hearts) for ceremony and drinks reception. Wedding breakfast will probably just be music from iPod over surround sound.

• K
    Savvy December 2020 East Central London
    kentgirl2020 ·
    • Hide content

We've asked the venue to book the DJ for the wedding breakfast too - getting a saxophonist to play along. Hopefully will have the desired brunch vibe we want!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Why do you need music?

I have never been to a wedding with music during the breakfast, thats the time when people relax and talk the last thing you need is extra noise to compete with

• L
    Savvy August 2021
    LuxuriousGreenHair66000 ·
    • Hide content

We are having none - people will be too busy chatting anyway!

If you want music though I would just create an instrumental playlist - you could do a piano one since you liked the pianist!

• H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

We're asking married couples coming to our wedding what their first dance songs were, then making a playlist out of them. It will only be on softly in the background, but hopefully it will be a nice touch to other married couples.

We'll top it up with either soft, romantic/easy listening songs.

Easier and cheaper than hiring someone - if you're going to hire a musician, I would have them for the bit post-ceremony and pre-meal. X

• Mintyslippers
    Mintyslippers ·
    • Hide content

During the breakfast I recommend just sticking to a playlist (if playing from your iPhone dont forget a Lightning to headphone adapter!!!).

There is just so much chatting going on no one ever pays attention to the live music and often you cant even hear it over the chatting. You also dont want it loud enough to drown out the chatting.

Dont put too much thought into the playlist for the same reason. It's so noisy the music has little to no chance to set any tone or mood.

Pop to your fav restaurant this weekend and see how loud they play it and if you even notice anything.

Meal time is for chatting more than anything else.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics