Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner January 2012

Anyone know a good seemstress around Kent/Medway???

la1510, 11 October, 2011 at 08:32 Posted on Planning 0 8

I have bought my dress from up north (where I'm from) and so far they have been brilliant as know I'm miles away so have been really accomodating with appointments, getting the dress in etc

I am going to try the dress on at the end of this month,which is fine however the shop owner has told me that their seemstress is having her hip replaced in November and then with Christmas it's going to leave not much time etc- if i lived closer it wouldn't really be a problem as could just pop in whenever but a 500 mile trip takes a little bit of planning. So my next plan is to bring the dress home with me at the end of this month and have it altered down here but I have no idea who to get it altered by- any suggestions????????????

8 replies

Latest activity by MissTtoMrsB, 13 October, 2011 at 10:57
  • Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

I don't know of any as not from the area but how about contacting and good local bridal stores as they normally (i think) use independent seamstresses so will probably be able to recommend one for you! i went to kiss the bride in rochester - not sure if that is nr you (i'm not from the area) but they were lovely in there.

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Never thought of that! Kiss the Bride is about 5 mins from me so will give them a call- thanks!

• charliebird7
    Beginner March 2012
    charliebird7 ·
    • Hide content

Try Deisy's in Gillingham too, heard nothing but good things about her. x

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from Taffetta Bridalwear in Gravesend, and the owner of the shop, Lorraine, is really good. I have a vintage style/lace dress which she is taking in about 4 dress sizes for me and so far she has been great. Don't know if she does alterations for 'outsiders' as it were, but would be worth an enquiry.

• brenda.hu
    Beginner June 2012
    brenda.hu ·
    • Hide content

Sorry don't know it, maybe you could google it.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

I'm in a similar position - bought my dress in Belfast but living in Canterbury now. I popped into Jodi's in Canterbury and they are more than happy to do it for me. They are really, really friendly and the shop is very nice.

• L
    Beginner January 2012
    la1510 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your help ladies will give your suggestions a try

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    squidgybob ·
    • Hide content

Jodi's are brilliant - there is one in Maidstone too.

• MissTtoMrsB
    Beginner August 2012
    MissTtoMrsB ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress from Jodi's in maidstone and they are brilliant!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics