Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naboo
Beginner

anyone know any cheap sites that sell smashbox primer?

Naboo, 22 March, 2011 at 14:30 Posted on Planning 0 14

As above really, Ta

14 replies

Latest activity by AmnesiaCustard, 24 March, 2011 at 10:12
  • JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I always get tester size ones pretty cheap from ebay.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

I want the primer as well and don't even mind paying full price, I'm just desperate for a decent primer.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I know im thinking i will just pay full price, seen some on ebay but I always worry that it isnt real, do you know what the difference between the normal one and the light on is (apart from about a tenner) I light really natural make up and dont know if it means light in that way or as in it is just not as good!?!

• nicnol
    Beginner October 2011
    nicnol ·
    • Hide content

I'm a smashbox primer user and I love it!!!!! Luckily for me my brother and his girlfriend bought it for me when they came back from hols (instead of buying some tat from the local market!!) can't help though with a cheap site but I don't use alot of it......I've had it for a year now and although I only use it when I go out it's still half full!

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

Apparently the 'light' one is for Oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. Hope that helps.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

No idea actually. I just know people said to get the photo finish but I don't even know if that comes in diffferent shades? I've not looked, just lust after it from the reviews I've read. I have the That Gal from Benefit but don't think it makes any difference.

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

I think they do colour corrector ones which are obviously different colours and just the original photo finish, I think I will go for that one

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

Possibly not toooooo helpful, but I just got a primer/foundation base thing from Lush of all places! £7.50 for a little pot but I've been using it for a week and there's barely a dent in it. Really good but natural looking coverage too. Worth giving it a whirl!

• LoveSka
    Beginner October 2011
    LoveSka ·
    • Hide content

I went into Debenhams and they gave me sample pots of the 'Photo finish primer and Foundation', , , , enough for 4 or 5 applications, , lol

xx

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

Thats good LoveSka, I tried our Debenhams but they dont do it and I can't find any other highstreet stockists either so that is out for me ☹️ so going to have to go the online route me thinks

• Gbutterfly
    Beginner July 2012
    Gbutterfly ·
    • Hide content

Ebay is where I get mine Smiley smile

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Try Feel Unique.com

Im going to get my Bare Escentuals stuff from there its up to 70% cheaper. x

• Bobbins30
    Beginner November 2010
    Bobbins30 ·
    • Hide content

You could try strawberrynet.com - I get some of my cosmetics from there. Prices do vary depending on when you buy. Not sure if they have the primer on there though but worth having a search

also justbeautydirect.co.uk - the normal sizes are around £26 but they also do a smaller travel version for £11 if you didnt want to splash out all in one go

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oo that could be just the thing Bobbins, cheers

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

We've been trying out primers at work and I had the Boots 17 (i know - no snob value) one recommended to me by a colleauge who rated it much more highly that the Benefit one.

I'm trying it and am pleased with it - it does smooth the skin surface and help foundation to sdaty on longer.

And it's less than £5 - anmd on the current 3 for 2 offer it;s a real bargain.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics