Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner April 2016

Anyone made their own Bouquet with artificial flowers?

Mogf, 21 of September of 2015 at 10:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

We are on a tight budget, so I've been looking at ways of keeping the cost down, while still having what we'd like. I've found getting the bits for making bouquets is cheap as chips, but I'm not too sure whether making my own ones are a good idea? Anyone have any brilliant success stories? I'd. Have to make mine, 4 bridesmaids and a few buttonholes.

Diy and hard work aren't an issue, I have time to learn, I just don't want to end up regretting it.

8 replies

Latest activity by 3d jewellery, 27 of September of 2015 at 11:44
  • InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

My mum and aunt made mine using flowers they bought at Hobbycraft (I think) - here's a pic

• Inspyre
    Beginner August 2016
    Inspyre ·
    • Hide content

I keep toying with making my own paper bouquets or buying fake flowers for them. I'd say if you can afford i and have the time, why not make one and see what you think then decide?

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I'm making my bouquets at the moment. Im doing ribbon roses and broochs. It's very fiddly and time consuming but worth it. I've spent the last few month making ribbon flowers and collecting brooch's. I'm now putting them together which I'm finding harder as I didn't know how to go about it. I decided against using a oasis bouquet holder as I don't like the dust they give off when using it and it was pricey for the dry kind.

I'm using a polystyrene ball and my OH is going to add a wooden handle which I'll cover with ribbon, I ordered a pack of 5 and they were to big so I'm cutting one in half for me and have ordered small ones for my bridesmaids.

I'm also doing royal blue ribbon rose buttonholes with green leafs and a avenger LEGO mini figure.

• Danteborderterrier
    Beginner March 2016
    Danteborderterrier ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing my own bouquets - I have mine, 2 bridesmaids, 7 buttonholes and 2 corsages to do. I'm using silk flowers and then filling them out a little with real gyp and ivy. I bought the flowers fairly early on so i have plenty of time to play around with them. I have found the Internet to be a lifesaver - there are so many videos and tutorials to show you how to make them and then i just found a pictures of bouquets similar to what I want and try and replicate them. It does take a litte practice but once you get into it, it can be quite fun - especially if you get a friend to help Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    shelleyw21 ·
    • Hide content

I'll be doing my own bouquet, 4 BMs and 9 table decorations in January ready for a June wedding. Have a look on youTube, there's loads of videos for making stuff on there

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

I have made my own rose buttonholes with pearl centre and bouquet (I'm not having any BMs so makes things easier).

I purchased flowers from eBay and when on holiday in Asia. You can see from the pictures I used staples to put the leaves together lol. I also went glitter crazy with some gold nail varnish and gold sequin things.

To hide the flower stems, I wrapped it in ribbon (used so much hot glue to make sure they didn't come apart it had to be fully wrapped in ribbon.

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    Mogf ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all of your responses. The pictures are all wonderful. For those of you making them, what has your preference been, Foam or Silk?

I have been having a look on YouTube, there are so many different styles and some brilliant videos, I may order a few stems and just see if I can make something half reasonable.

• R
    Beginner September 2015
    RomanticBlueFlowers251 ·
    • Hide content

For me personally, silk flowers look more realistic. Not sure if it was the quality, but my friend had a foam rose bouquet and it actually looked horrendous. Even she refused to use it and had to quickly make up a bouquet of fresh flowers from the supermarket.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I made mine many years ago using a book. There are so many online tutorials around now that it is much easier. It is also a great felling of achievement and something to do when you feel a bit of a lull in the planning. If you fancy having a go at buttons or brooches instead I have a couple of tutorials on my website for those.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics