Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Dedicated June 2016

Anyone made their own table plan

RachD90, 15 of April of 2016 at 16:17 Posted on Planning 0 4

Just looking for a bit of advice, has anyone made their own table plan? Like what you put on the easel or whatever. I am a total perfectionist and have diy everything I could from menu's to programs etc but would really like to do my own table plan. I wanted it to be in the shape of a fairytale castle.

It's like £50 for someone to do it, I could easy do it myself its just having the equipment. If anyone has done it themselves, how did you create it on the computer and how did you print it, obviously it won't be A4. I remember using a huge printer to make big posters for media in college but are these easy available in places?

Edited: Just put some pictures of what I want, so this first picture I really love the castle design but don't know how to go about it.

Like this also

I really like the mirrors but I don't think it will be go against the easel and no where else to stand it really.Plus I don't have an old mirror and haven't really seen any on ebay locally that are cheap like 2nd hand ones.

Don't know why am putting this stress on myself haha

4 replies

Latest activity by RachD90, 17 of April of 2016 at 16:58
  • MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

In theory, you would just need a publishing/editing programme which is capable of working above A3 size for your PC. You could design it on that, then get it printed onto card by a local printing company. There are some shops that do printing - Google would probably point you in the right direction. It would need cutting out afterwards, but they could probably do that for you or you could do it yourself. If it's only going to be A3 size or slightly smaller, then you could do it yourself if you have a printer capable of taking stiff card, or you could print it onto glossy paper and then stick it to something thicker afterwards.

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't as our wedding isn't until 2018 but i will be.. sorry that isnt much help but just making just i get a notifocation of any replies lol could we see a flash of your menus etc? I love diy stuff cant wait to start ours

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't done my menu's yet waiting on the venue to confirm menu as some changes we asked for. It will look like this but with mint paper and white doily.

and my programs look like this but two sided, the other side has like the wedding roles such as best man etc. I just used double sided tape and lolly ice sticks which where like £1 for 100 on amazon. They can be used as fans as we getting married in June so may be hot.

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You don't have to print out in one piece and also keeping it simple can work just as well, this one uses a mirror that you also use in your house when you are done, with the table names small enough to print at home

This one I saw I thought was fun,

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I've decided to go a bit insane and do a Harry Potter Mirror or Erised table plan. I got idea from pinterest. Basically you just need a big piece of cardboard like a tv box, had one in the shed. Mum said could use her mirror as she is getting a new one anyway.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics