Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamonfairy
Rockstar June 2020

Anyone making button/brooch bouquets?

cinnamonfairy, 4 of September of 2012 at 15:48 Posted on Planning 0 26

I'm thinking about making my own bouquets for myself and my 2 BMs. However I am struggling with were to find brooches I can buy in bulk.

Has anyone got any suggestions - I've tried eBay and such, but would work out quite expensive buying individual brooches.

I'm also thinking of incorporating artificial flowers, more so to bulk the bouquets out and not rely on finding hundreds of brooches. Has anyone got any suggestions for decent (and fairly cheap) artificial flower stockists?

Would love to see flashes of anyone's DIY button/brooch bouquets!

TIA!

26 replies

Latest activity by April090709, 18 of April of 2015 at 08:07
  • daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cinnamonfairy!

I decided that this is exactly what I'm going to do! I found a great wholesale brooch website - I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I will google and post you a link!

Have you watched any DIY videos on it? I watched one at the weekend and it was really really helpful, she used articial flowers in it too. I will find this link also.

Sorry for slighlty pointless reply, I was so excited to see someone else doing the same thing! :-)

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.jewellery-world.co.uk/default.aspx?appid=5491&cid=560&page=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONASA0L_Ma4 :-)

I hope this helps!

Going to get my Mum and BMs on the brooch hunting case too! xx

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

My friend has her own business making them, and she sourced hers from charity shops and car boots.

She also asked family and friends for any old brooches, earings etc.

Here's mine

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

oohhh! Love this! What was your colour scheme?

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? My colours were Pink, purple and black.

• P
    Beginner
    Pea1803 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to jump in on the thread but thanks DaintyDisco for that link, brilliant website! I'm making my own Brooch Boquet too and so far have been trapesing the charity shops, will be making a purchase or two from jewellery-world tho methinks!

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem :-) Happy to help! Some of them are very reasonable! Think i'm going to get my "filler" ones from there and may buy a few more special ones if that makes sense Smiley smile

• cinnamonfairy
    Rockstar June 2020
    cinnamonfairy ·
    • Hide content

Thanks daintydisco! I think I'll be spending my evening on the jewellery world website! Especially for filler brooches like you say.

I also have my nan on the hunt for brooches, and have a few special ones that I'm going to try and incoporate. I can't believe I've actually found a creative side of me! Before wedding planning I didn't have a creative bone in my body, now I'm making bouquets and invitations!

Thanks for all your help ladies!

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I didn't only use brooches in mine. I trawled Primark/Peacocks etc for big rings, earrings, necklaces with charms etc on them.

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant idea about using other jewellery :-) thanks for the tip!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Just so you know Jewelleryworld is a trade only website with a minimum order of 100 pund PLUS vat & postage which takes 2 to 3 weeks. Also generally you have to order more than 1 of each line and often the lines on the website may be out of stock. i usually go to the show room.

I have put a few brooches on my website too https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/Cheap-brooches-for-making-bouquets.html

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

:-( oh. Sorry for the useless info ladies. I'm a bit gutted!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No don't be it's not useless advice, you could try ordering they may just accept it, you just need to be aware that you will need a big order, the checkout doesn't accept anything under £100, so you could buy Xmas pressies favour bags maybe, but you can't send anything back

• daintydisco
    Beginner October 2013
    daintydisco ·
    • Hide content

Thats a good idea :-) Thanks!

• Tigger_102
    Beginner October 2021
    Tigger_102 ·
    • Hide content

Im so glad other people are making their own too, Ive tried Ebay too so pass info my way too please

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

This is my bouquet I made. I got most of my brooches from Ebay but didnt pay more than £2 for one. Also used earrings and hair pins. I really enjoyed making it and would say its definitely worth it Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is beautiful!!

Ive vey bought most of my brooches on E-bay too- think I spot a few in yours that I have.

Can you give me any pointers? I used a YouTube clip and made the 'flowers' but when I started to assemble it just looked a bit naff so I haven't touched it in months and it makes me want to cry :-(

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

Thank you MrsPDM, I haven't sent a pm before so have done what I think is a pm x

• S
    Beginner November 2014
    Sazzle24 ·
    • Hide content

Ladies they all look utterly gorgeous! How do you go about making a bouquet? Even a fake flower one. Mine looks nothing like these and I'm wondering where I'm going wrong! Help please and I'll be extremely grateful xx

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

A few tips for you here https://www.3djewellery.co.uk/Instructions-on-how-to-make-a-brooch-bouquet.html

• MrsSoonToBeD
    Beginner September 2016
    MrsSoonToBeD ·
    • Hide content

These all look absolutely gorgeous!

The more I'm seeing these the more I'm being swayed to these instead of real flower bouquet! :-)

• M
    Beginner December 2014
    MRS RB ·
    • Hide content

Nothing :-( don't think the pm function on here works very well

• A
    Beginner July 2017
    April090709 ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on making a bigger button bouquet for myself and smaller ones for bridesmaids and mini ones for flower girls! There's a lot of websites where you can buy big packs of assorted buttons, I just googled buttons!! Also Etsy have a lot too. I'm planning on mainly using buttons with a few brooches to cut costs.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics