Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

V
Beginner

Anyone Married in Jamaica

Vicki_26, 29 of April of 2010 at 16:32 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 10

Hi

I am new to the forum and just got engaged ?

There has never been any doubt that the day we get married we will be saying our vows on a golden sandy beach somewhere in the carribbean, today we have been into the travel agents to get some information as we are planning for a 2012 wedding and 2 years isn't that long away really (very excited) the travel agent said that Jamaica has become increasingly popular so wondered if any of you ladies here and either been married there or thinking about a jamaican wedding.

I am looking for some possible recommendations as i have never been to Jamaica but not going to rule it out so any information would be fantastic please ladies, also legal requirements are supposed to be alot easier as well.

Thank you

Vicki x

10 replies

Latest activity by hp169, 1 of November of 2010 at 16:59
  • M
    Beginner June 2010
    MrsS2B2010 ·
    • Hide content

Although we aren't getting married in Jamaica I can recommend it... my H2B proposed whilst we were on holiday in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

We stayed at the Sandals Grande Ocho Rios Resort which was amazing, lots of huge pools, unlimited food and drink from lots of restuarants. We saw lots of weddings taking place in the grounds and on the beach itself which looked lovely. We also visited the nearby Sandals Dunns River Resort which was also nice, but quite small. The only thing we didnt really like was the 2 hour transfer from Montego Bay airport but it was worth it.

We are trying to decide between Jamaica (probably Sandals Royal in Montego Bay this time) and Antigua for our belated honeymoon in December.

I'm sure wherever you choose you'll have a great time. If you need any other info let me know.

• A
    Beginner March 2011
    Almost a Milne ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vickiy,

My Brother and Sister in Law got married in Jamaica in 2008. It was fantastic, like paradise!! We stayed in the Riu Palace Hotel in Negril, and they have a lovely wedding gazebo in the gardens.

After the ceremony (which was early afternoon) we all went to Ricks Cafe and hired out the cabannas, their first dance was to a live reggae band at Ricks cafe whilst the sun was setting. Brilliant. Later we went back to the hotel for the Wedding Dinner with speeches, cake cutting etc.

xx

• V
    Beginner
    Vicki_26 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your replies

The hotel Riu Palace in Negril sounds amazing so might be one worth looking at we will have quite a few children there so the hotel needs to be child friendly, we have both seen a venue which would be amazing but sooo expensive which i think would put quite a few guests off unfortunatly but will definatly look at riu palace

thank you x

• D
    Dnx ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicky

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding in 2012!

Jamaica is a great choice. Last year I lived in Jamaica for three months and photographed a number of weddings at Rose Hall Resort and have been back since to photograph another beautiful beach wedding at sunset.

Rose Hall Resort is in Montego Bay and is very child friendly - my two children thoroughly enjoyed the water park and other children activities.

The grounds at Rose Hall Resort are wonderful also, myself and my brides had an amazing time capturing beautiful images.

Send me a message and I'll email you details for the wedding planners I've worked with there.

Please feel free to take a look at some of the weddings I've photographed there, the aqueduct is an absolute delight, as are the sunsets.

amber and anthony's jamaican beach wedding

Virgin flies into Montego Bay on a Tuesday and Saturday. Rose Hall Resort is about 10 mins drive from the airport, yet still far enough away that the planes are no bother.

My wonderful airbrush makeup artist, who doubles up as a driver! She has a bus and can take you to Negril to the infamous Ricks Café for the sunset (don't jump!), Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. She show you some amazing sights.

Gosh I'm missing Jamaica now lol!

Wishing you all the best

Denise x

• H
    HaysTravel ·
    • Hide content

Hi Vicki

I hope this finds you well. There are many options available to you for Weddings in Jamaica and many 'family' hotels that hold Wedding ceremonys too. The RIU Hotels are amazing, and I have to second the post with reference to the Sandals Properties and although they are adult only they do have the Beaches Brand which are family heaven and still offer the Weddingmoon option. There is also the option to stay for a week with all your guests at the hotel you marry in and then stay the second week at a adult only for your honeymoon if you wanted some 'time out'

Rose Hall Resort is popular as is the Sunset Grande too. Prices are out for some dates in 2012 so let me know if you want any further help as we can beat high street agency prices.

Hope to hear from you

Warm Regards

Michaella x

• H
    HaysTravel ·
    • Hide content

Hi Mrs S2B2010

I just thought I'd drop you a post as I wasn't if you knew that Sandals have had some great offers of 40%-50% off on selected dates so if you haven't already bkd your belated Honeymoon I can see if the offers are applicable to the dates you want to travel.

Warm Regards

Michaella

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, im getting married at the Rose Hall, montego bay in Feb 2011!! yay. We chose this place as there are so many places to choose from to actually marry and also its child friendly as we have a little girl. I used to work as a travel agent and had lots of people say how nice it was and its popular on trip advisor too - which i spent hours on trying to find a place! We are having a wedding on the beach at (5pm) roughly sunset and then having an evening bbq and dj at the sugar mills falls with handing candles off of the replica aqueducts. I cant wait! The wedding coord yolandi is so helpful and she even called me once to confirm some things with me. Good luck with whichever you choose x

• R
    Beginner January 2011
    Riley75 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all Im also getting married in Jamaica at Rose Hall Resort and the date is booked for 28th January 2011. it looks fab in the pics and I cant wait. Whats really difficult is that we havent told a sole what we are planning on doing so Im desperate to talk about it but cant!

hp169 what date is your wedding in feb? your ceremony sounds amazing and the sugar mill looks a fantistic venue. we're planning a very quiet ceremony on the beach just us two with our 2 young kids - will need to grab a couple of witnesses off the beach though! x

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nevemia ·
    • Hide content

Hi hp169 Who did you book your wedding with? How much did cost?

Thanks

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, sorry for the VERY late reply! i booked with Hayes and Jarvis. We were going to book with first choice but the wedding department told me they were in the process of renewing their contract so i couldnt book with them right now and couldnt give me an date when i could. I was rather gutted after spending ages of time looking into it all. I booked no problem with Hayes and Jarvis even though they are a part of First Choice i booked the wedding no problem. In total it came to £4700 i think for the 2 of us and our 18mnth old. Were staying 2 weeks in a sea view and flying premium economy. The wedding was free. I would reccomend getting a quote from them and virgin and possibly Kuoni and pretty much playing them against each other to get the best price. However, the reason we wanted to book with first choice is that there premium economy was considerably cheaper than virgin, ba etc.

• hp169
    Beginner February 2011
    hp169 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Riley75 hope your wedding is amazing, let me know if you can how it went and any tips! my email is *********@*******.**.** We are getting married on the west beach at 5pm on the 24th then having the evening do at sugar mills falls we have about 18 guests coming. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics