Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner February 2017

Anyone not having a traditional wedding dress?

Belle2007, 27 of October of 2015 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 0 11

This is second time around for me (and him).

We are having a small civil ceremony in the day (just 30 guests) followed by a big party in the evening.

I really don't know what I want to wear. Whatever it is I will wear flat shoes so this kind of rules out tea length for me as I'm don't have nice skinny legs!!

I'm thinking of wearing a colour (maybe silver).

I'm 5'7" and a curvy size 16. Whatever I wear would have to be able to accommodate a sturdy bra as I am an F cup.

I was just wondering if anyone was going for something non traditional/different that they should show me to get some ideas.

Thanks x

11 replies

Latest activity by RachD90, 4 of November of 2015 at 19:38
  • C
    Beginner July 2016
    Chaffinch ·
    • Hide content

Mines a bit like this. Might not be suitable for F cup boobage though, it squashes them really tight. ?

have you though about a jumpsuit? sounds tacky but I like this sort of thing:

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Wow, wow, wow Chaffinch. That looks soooo cooooool!

Belle2007, unfortunately I can't help - I'm having bog standard ivory dress, but you can wear whatever you want. As long as you're comfortable in it Smiley smile

• BubbleBees
    Beginner August 2015
    BubbleBees ·
    • Hide content

I wore this, but in lavender. Biba do various colours and it is a gorgeous dress even in an 18 which I wore.

Its in my avatar.

• C
    Beginner July 2016
    Chaffinch ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely BubbleBees

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

It's 2nd time for both of us and we're having a very small wedding.... 21 adults and a baby for the whole thing!

I am going to be wearing a Dessy bridesmaid dress in a plum/berry colour.

• Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Im having traditional but i had seen this. Officially it's their bridal collection but it's not traditional

http://www.johnlewis.com/phase-eight-bridal-hope-wedding-dress-ivory/p1833636

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

I wore a phase eight evening dress in pale gold. It had a scoop neck and small cap sleeves so was able to wear a normal decent bra. I bought it from an outlet shop for £120 and alterations cost me £60. I would never have worn ivory or white as I am ridiculously pale. The gold worked - it was a bit different but still bridal.

I can really recommend phase eight evening wear - you'll be amazed what you can find that is a little bit different but still special. If you do try their dresses, their one fault is inconsistent sizing so don't worry if you have to get a size completely different to what you normally wear.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Someone recently flashed their wedding dress and it was a beautiful purple long dress. Really lovely. Second time for me too but I'm having a wedding dress. I'm marrying abroad in the cold and anything else wouldn't have hidden my snowboots!

• Janey999
    Beginner September 2015
    Janey999 ·
    • Hide content

I'm also a 16 and wore this phase eight dress with flats.

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

I wore a short dress from the high Street. You can see pics in my report - flashing really doesn't wanna work for me today.

• R
    Dedicated June 2016
    RachD90 ·
    • Hide content

Have a little look at Coast, they do beautiful dresses and they always feel and look so much more expensive than they are. I had a little look on website and they had some beautiful silver dresses but they seem to be out of stock of size 16 (very popular size by the looks of things). May be best to pop into your local coast instead. Also look out for their skirts like this http://www.coast-stores.com/p/rhian-skirt/1506065?locale=en

They can be teamed with gorgeous beaded tops to make them look like a dress and you can reuse the skirt and top again in another combo. They very flattering on curvy figures due to the cut. I find a pointed toe in a shoe really makes legs look slimmer.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics