Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner February 2013

Anyone ordered Dessy from America on ebay or other places?

shelly1816, 2 August, 2012 at 16:57 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi,

Was looking around on ebay for 2nd hand dessy bridesmaid dresses in colours we like when I came accross an american lady who claims to be selling genuine dessy bridesmaid dresses at a fraction of the UK costs.

She has very good feedback and is not making them to order like these chinese places.

I'm not actually that bothered if they are fake, as we can't afford the real ones just want to know if anyone has bought one and can recommend or not?

Thanks!

x

2 replies

Latest activity by tortoise, 2 August, 2012 at 20:46
  • jodie_174
    Beginner June 2013
    jodie_174 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya,

I was planning on buying Dessy dresses from a store in America however when it came to sizes etc my head got baffled. There were saying my size 10 bridesmaid needed a size 16 and my size 14 bridesmaid needed a size 20. I gave up in the end and went to Debenhams where i had seen some previously. I picked them up in the sales this week at a really good price. Just make sure you check sizes and returns policy!

xx

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Don't forget you'll be charged import tax on arrival.

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

American sizes are 2 lower than UK sizes. In the UK we have no 'size 0', it's a size 4 (both only use even numbers). So it may just be that the designers size is one bigger than usual and then factoring in the conversion. Or they may have done the conversion wrong ? x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics