Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

JayneysGettingMarried
Beginner June 2017

Anyone ordered from thedaintyard on etsy?

JayneysGettingMarried, 6 of May of 2016 at 14:14 Posted on Planning 0 24

So I'm looking at ordering my bm dresses from

this seller, she has awesome reviews. I'm waiting on colour swatches to be delivered. However, how much will the customs charges be? Will it just be easier/cheaper to just buy from somewhere in the uk? I don't want to buy what I think is a bargain to be stung with stupidly high customs charges!!

24 replies

Latest activity by SpreadsheetsRUs, 3 of June of 2016 at 12:45
  • rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I didn't order from thedaintyard but a different seller called DressLongBridal, based In China - I didn't pay any customs charges at all for my dresses - I did order them separately though so may be different if all in one package. Hope that helps - they were an absolute bargain!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I order from abroad a lot. Generally, I pay very high customs charges when ordering from Japan, lower charges when ordering from the US, but I rarely have to pay anything on stuff I order from China. I've ordered my dresses from DressLongBridal, but allowed an extra amount in case of customs. Even with customs charges, though, I expect it to be a lot cheaper than buying in the UK!

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

Thanks! I've also been looking at dresslongbridal, did you order colour swatches? The price seems pretty steep!!

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

Yes I did order colour swatches, I can't remember how much they were though, I think it was the postage that was the bulk of the cost. The dresses with postage if i remember correctly were similar to the Daintyard - I preferred the colour of the DressLongBridal one I wanted xxx

• R
    Beginner August 2016
    RhonaH ·
    • Hide content

Hi, we ordered our wedding rings from the US and were hit by a £50 customs charge - they are still cheaper than if we had ordered from the UK but be aware of the possible extra expense. It doesn't seem to be done across the board though - my engagement ring came from China but we didn't pay any customs on that.

You might want to check out the Royal Mail's custom charges webpage - I believe that customs charges can be slapped on anything over £50.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

I just logged on to ask the exact same question as been trawling Etsy this morning Smiley smile great minds!

• J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dresses from thedaintyyard, I honestly can't tell you how happy I am with them! I had to pay £25 custom charge but that was with six dresses so quite a bulky parcel...don't know if it goes on weight?? To be honest though when you factor in that some shops charge for the tube top (which I'm really glad we got as it's impossible to wear a bra otherwise!) and the delivery charge from shops even within the UK, I found that thedaintyyard is the cheapest

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yay! You got any pics? Is the material shiny or matte? X

• J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

I've got a pic but not sure how to upload it on my phone?? Dont have a laptop or anything at the mo. The material is matte but looks quite silky in some lights. My bridesmaids were worried that it would be too clingy but it's quite heavy so once they're on they hang really nicely

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not sure how you do it either lol! Pleased to hear they are matte material - I'm not keen on the super shiny look which some of the multiways have. Sounds like these will throw off a nice effect! Just waiting to hear back re swatches and I can get ordering!

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

How many dresses did you order for it to be that price with customs? Just trying to work out roughly how much I'll be expected to pay as I need 5 dresses!

Ive also found another seller on etsy, LoveVanillaDew. Have ordered some swatches from them too. I'm not gonna order swatches from dresslongbridal unless I don't like the ones from thedaintyard or LVD as I begrudge paying such a high shipping fee for a few bits of material ?

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

Also, does the tube top come free from thedaintyard? Or is it an extra cost? X

• J
    Beginner November 2016
    JadeyPops98 ·
    • Hide content

I had six of the maxi dresses Smiley smile

The tube top comes free

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

My BM dresses have arrived today! Not opened the parcel yet (it's been left with my neighbour and they're not in atm), but definitely no customs charges to pay. ?

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woo! How many did you order? Seems to be weight/size of parcel as the decider for customs charges!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I ordered three standard size and one longer length. The package was quite heavy - about 2kg. There was a label on it to say it's been "security checked" but no customs charges to pay.

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content

Samples arrived today from thedaintyard, have to say I'm a little underwhelmed Smiley sad the colours I picked don't look as I expected them to. I quite like the idea of doing a mix of pastel colours and had seen a pic on their Facebook page of exactly the mix I wanted but judging by the samples today I can't see that it would look nice at all, wahhhh!!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

A couple of my girls have tried on their dresses now, and they look fantastic! I can definitely recommend dresslongbridal if you're buying on Etsy. The material feels really heavy and good quality, and the dresses hang beautifully. The only downside is that they will probably all need taking up - but for less than £200 for 4 dresses including shipping, I am really impressed!

• M
    Beginner April 2017
    MrsJ_ToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's fab! Might take a look again, if I remember rightly they charge a fair bit for samples but needs to be right Smiley smile

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, the 3 fabric swatches were about £10 in total including shipping, but they arrived within a few days and were a good size - about 10cm by 10cm. The dresses themselves took about a month to arrive from ordering.

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content

I've had my samples arrive from TDY and LVD. I really like the colours. I've also stumbled across a UK seller, the dress bay! Have a look on Facebook. The whole swatch card cost about £4 but I don't think the colours they have are what I'm after. Think they were £50 a dress though x

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

I would definitely look at DressLongBridal - my bridesmaids look amazing in their dresses & they were so easy to order both came within a week of ordering! I had to have one taken up but we added extra length which wasn't actually needed, the other was perfect! You can ask the seller to add extra inches or take them off if need be! I get married on Sat, I can post a photo of my girls over the weekend if you want xx

• JayneysGettingMarried
    Beginner June 2017
    JayneysGettingMarried ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That would be really helpful Rach, thank you. And good luck for Saturday ?

• rach_217
    Beginner June 2016
    rach_217 ·
    • Hide content

No problem Jayney, and thank you! Xxx

• S
    Beginner October 2016
    SpreadsheetsRUs ·
    • Hide content

I've just had mine delivered from daintyard, took 2 weeks from ordering, super quick!

Girls haven't tried them on yet but the colours and material are lush, the tube top coming free was a big deciding factor for me, plus the colour material.

I ordered four and had to pay £25 customs charge

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics