Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

Anyone planning a Disney themed wedding?

Much_ado_about_weddings, 13 of June of 2016 at 16:23 Posted on Planning 0 19

So I'm NOT doing Disney... But after watching this video, I kind of wish I was! SO CUTE!! If anyone's doing Disney theme (I'm sure I saw some posts about it a week or two ago), with this vid... Obv not for the engagement but pictures like that for decorations would be amazing!! https://www.facebook.com/weddingjournal/videos/10153473816936431/

19 replies

Latest activity by shelly495, 16 of September of 2016 at 20:54
  • Nmb1812
    Beginner March 2018
    Nmb1812 ·
    • Hide content

Hey

We have decided (well I have decided) that a Disney theme is a must. ive seen some absolutely gorgeous decorations and ideas. other half actually surprisingly likes them too !!! Smiley laughSmiley laugh

• S
    Beginner December 2016
    SAL127 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not doing an entirely Disney theme but the cake will be Disney and there will be other Disney bits around as we both love it! Our interests are varied and quite ecclectic so it's going to be an interesting mix of oddness for our day. We are having a Disney honeymoon though Smiley smile Can't wait!

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely LOVE Disney - especially Sleeping Beauty. H2B is letting me have a few Disney songs but other than that he drew the line!

*stamps feet* i WILL be a Disney princess!!

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

I am doing beauty and the beast!! Smiley heart my all time favourite!!

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was so close to being our theme haha Smiley laugh

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Haha! I love the film but my fiancé took some talking into haha! But here's some stuff I've thought of so far.

If they show up, using my phone so I don't know if they will work.

My STDs

My wedding dress(belle inspired)

My daddy's making me the enchanted rose with the pink glow.

i'll get some proper photos up once it's all come together

ugggh won't let me upload photos. Maybe I'm being thick and not doing it right haha

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I can't see the photos Smiley sad

I'm sure it all looks great though! Smiley smile

These are some links I had pinned - they might be helpful? Smiley smile

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/illustries/product/illustries-wedding-guest-book

http://blog.hwtm.com/2012/07/beauty-and-the-beast-theme/

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/228820600/beauty-and-the-beast-invitation-princess?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=beauty%20and%20the%20beast%20wedding&ref=sr_gallery_10

xx

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Ahh awesome, I'll have a look when I get home. At work you see /: when I get in I will see if I can load up some pictures of my dress and that ?

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Aha! Figured it out!

so my STDs (handmade because I couldn't find any I liked)

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

My wedding dress (inspired by belle)

and then I'm looking at some cake ideas like this

(just the topper)

with these down the side and "and they lived happily ever after" on each tier.

Xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Lovely! Your handwriting is beautiful!! Smiley smile

We're making all our Stationery too (although this is partly a labour of love because I LOVE design work on my computer) - your writing is beautiful Smiley smile

I looked at the Alfred Angelo dress - it's absolutely beautiful. I never went to try it on though so you'll have to let me know what it's like Smiley smile

Those two cake ideas are gorgeous Smiley smile

xx

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Awh thank you! They took me ages to do because they had to be perfect! And the dress had a sash around the shoulders like Belles but I was worried that because of it being a June wedding I didn't want to get too hot, but it is beautiful! Fits lovely

ill get some photos at some point Smiley smile

I thought the stds went well but I got called cheap by my nan so was a little sad but I'm making the invites to cause it works out cheaper for me

• TrixieSaurus
    Beginner August 2016
    TrixieSaurus ·
    • Hide content

Ahhh that all looks amazing!

We LOVE Disney, especially Pixar. We did toy with a Disney themed wedding (actually looked at Disnelyland Paris as a venue, but it was a non-starter due to French laws...). It sounds like we had A LOT, and we kind of did, but it was all quite subtle and a few people commented on how they thought it was going to be way more Disney lol.

Our Save the dates were magnets we had made with our designs featuring Wall-E and Eve.

We had the Disney Love Songs CD playing during the wedding breakfast and people loved it! OH picked it up on Amazon for 3 quid Smiley laugh

Also had the music from UP to seat guests, then Lava from the short and If I Didn't Have You from Monsters Inc for signing the register and we walked out to We Belong Together from Toy Story 3.

A friend of mine is a graphic designer and designed the invites. She hid a few Toy Story silhouettes that WE didn't even notice at first, and only a few of our guests spotted. It was lovely because it wasn't over the top at all.

Our cake topper was Mickey and Minnie, lent to us by a friend who kept it from her wedding to her late husband and it was perfect Smiley smile

Finally, i painted a pirate chest to look like Andy's toy box and we placed our Buzz and Jessie figures in it for cards and OH made 'Our Adventure Book' for people's messages Smiley smile

everyone expected our first dance to be You Got a Friend In Me, so we walked onto the dance floor to the first few bars to wind everyone up, then changed to our ACTUAL first dance song, which was All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran.

Oh man, I'm so sad it's over and I just wanna do it all over again!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I just photographed a Disney themed wedding at Gate Street Barn last month, both the bride & Groom work for Disney ?

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we want it to be subtle but tbh with enchanted rose my daddy's making and the STDs probably isn't to subtle but we are going to get objects from beauty and the beast ie the candle to represent lumier, tea cups and teapots(might have to chip one) but stuff like that. I imagian people think I'm going to go over board but I am determined to have a lot of stuff from beauty and the beast.

but your wedding sounded amazing! And I hope it was everything you wanted.

congratulations!xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sorry she thought they looked cheap Smiley sad

We've been very concerned with that, but we've discovered that simple things really make the difference. If you post your ideas on these forums, I've found that people are great to bounce ideas off and have ideas for cheap costing (but not cheap looking) supplies Smiley smile

xx

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Smiley smile and yeah I've been looking at other forums and people on here seem so nice! I'm defo going to start posting more things on here tbh because it would be nice to get people who aren't involved onions you know?xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I do Smiley smile I mean, you can see how much I post on here (don't tell work lol) and I've had a LOT of really helpful advice on stuff Smiley smile

xx

• disneyfanatic95
    Dedicated June 2017
    disneyfanatic95 ·
    • Hide content

Hahaha! Speaking of which I need to get moving haha! Need to start to get ready for work ugh.

but yeah I think I'll be posting a lot more on here haha! It'll be nice to hear from others. I've seen a lot of people do the planning flashes? I think they have so many good ideas so I might do one at some point? Get some opinions Smiley smile

but thanks for all the feedback Smiley smile means a lot xx

• S
    Beginner February 2017
    shelly495 ·
    • Hide content

Our theme started off as Cinderella but has changed to Disney. Trying to do it subtly, our colour scheme is Cinderella blue and we have a wedding logo which is on all the stationery with a pumpkin carriage we are also having a carriage cake topper i'm walking down the aisle to the instrumental of can you feel the love tonight from the lion king. My flower girl is carrying a disney wand and has a tiara with a Mickey head. I'm also having disney decals on the bottom of my shoes. Hopefully it will all come together nicely. Èek only 5 months to go

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics