Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

Anyone planning a wedding on Rhodes in 2014

Surfer Rosa, 11 of November of 2013 at 09:22 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 28

Hello all

I see the Ibiza brides have their own thread so was wondering if anyone else was getting married on Rhodes next year?

I am getting married at St Paul's Chapel on 04/09/14 and am in the early stages of planning so was hoping to share ideas/ worries with others.

28 replies

Latest activity by Saralou39000, 7 of February of 2014 at 10:32
  • L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

Hi i've just joined the site. I'm getting married at st pauls bay 18/09/14. I've just started looking for dress! we're staying at the hotel island blue in pefkos and having our reception there. It will come round so quickly now christmas has gone!

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

Hiya brides! We are getting married in pefkos at the veranda and reception at island blue in 2015 please share your experiences so far, have u been over? Also be sure to shRe

after your big day Smiley smile x

lauren x

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

No we haven't been over. We booked through Thomson but I contacted the hotel directly and there wedding planner seems fab so booked s few things through her. what month next year r u getting married? X

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

June 2015, wish it was this year but I'm sure it will come round quickly. What kind if things have you booked Hun? Have you chosen a photographer? It's so lovely to talk to someone who is also going there Smiley smile we are having the ceremony at the veranda xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Hiya ladies,

I'm getting married at the chapel at island blue on the 15/09/14 . We're staying at island blue and having reception at the elia Smiley smile xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Oh meant to add we have savvas booked for photography x

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

We have too! Wow ur wedding so close to mine! I chose my dress yesterday. Were having reception at elia too. x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Very close !! When do you fly out ? We fly on tbe tenth. What menu did you choose? We have been to pefkos a few times. We met up with louise the wedding planner and ate at the elia. Have you many guests are you having? . I'm a errrrrm mature bride so mines a smaller wedding. X

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

We fly out on Wednesday 10th too from Birmingham.

Dont u have to be there a week before u can marry?

Nice to hear uv been out there and its obviously lovely if u booked ur wedding!

Theres 23 of us so far.

Im sure u will look stunning regardless of ur age x

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

It will come round quickly chick. Booked reception, wedding venue, hairdresser and photographer. Is the reception at veranda too? x

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

It's great to see so many if us going to the same place and to be honest really puts my mind at ease as we have never been or been to Greece! Have spoke to Lou tho and she seems fantastic! We are also hoping to book savvas as some of his shots look amazing!

What time of day have you gone for do the ceremony, I want it as early as poss so my day lasts forever haha but realistically it will be too hot until later x

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

We haven't chose any menus etc yet as I'm abit early Smiley smile you guys will defo need to report back after your big day as mine will still be 9 months away Smiley surprise

x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

My ceremony is at the chapel at island blue its really pretty. There is no legal requirements to be on the island prior to marriage. I think the tour operators just say that to ensure you book a two week holiday !!. I booked the wedding direct with the hotel and just booked the holiday with Thompson. We're havung a late ceremony as I was wondering how to fill the day ? I know champagne cruises are avaliableSmiley smile. Im thinking of about 5pm ceremony then straight to the elia for the meal. We are going to try keep it greek and have the greek band and dancers for 2 hours.. I have samina booked for hsir and make up. What entertainment are you ladies having ? I think I have some photos of the elia and the surrounding grounds if I can work out how to add them ?? Lol x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Have you all found the Facebook pages for island blue ?and also the weddings in blue one ? There are loads of photos to whet our appitites x

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

Hi mazza, yep been looking at the website and on Facebook to! Jus booked a holiday to pefkos in May to go and see the venue, didn't think we would have enough money so I'm so excited!! I have been thinking about hair when I go over I may have a look as I think 70 euros is abit much? I like savvas photography and the Greek dancers. Is anyone having a quartet at the ceremony? Think I may use a cd

is anyone getting married in May? I will be over there from 14th may do hoping to sneek a peek at a wedding xx

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

Yes also been looking on there facebook pages and google images it looks fab!

Iv chosen 5pm for my ceremony too and St Pauls Bay in Lindos then we are hiring the glass bottom boat for champers and to take us bk to Pefkos to Elia for our sit down meal reception. Were going for the silver menu but changing the starter. Also having the drinks package silver.

iv booked my hairdresser i think it is 70 euro which i think is dear and i could prob do myself but i don't want to be worrying about that on the day so i will pay for a treat of my hair to be done.

We are going to hire a violinist to play at the ceremony and hire the disco 9pm-12am at Elia for evening entertainment.

We have booked Savvas photgraphy.

We were told that you had to be there 7 days first in our documents from the wedding planner, we would book 2 weeks there anyway so not a problem but naughty if they've lied!

We were hoping to go out there at Easter to suss things out but going to save the money towards are wedding/holiday instead. xxxxx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Oooo Lauren you will love it. If you message Louise, she will let you know if she has any weddings planned when you are there. Then you can have a spy ?also you should try the Greek night at the Elia its fab !!

Have you booked samina for your hair Lillola ? She has a really good reputation. It is quite pricey but its a special day so I'm having a treat lol hair and make up. Who are you using to plan your wedding ' is it Thomson ?. I'm flying out on Wednesday the 10th and getting married on Monday the 15th. X

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

I have messaged her Smiley laugh

gosh it's so exciting and this forum is great, would anyone mind saving my email to talk after your wedding on experiences etc? Or Facebook.

have u all heard good things about the hairdresser? Does she come to you or? Also I have booked the wedding direct with Louise so unfortunately won't get the extra luggage weight or my dress ect :/ hoping to book the group holiday with them tho and stay at pefki island, has anyone stayed here before? R the Lindi thalassa?

Xx

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

Yes Louise has booked Samina for me for my hair. Im really funny about my make up though so want to do that myself! Im not using the Thomson wedding planners only because they sent me a price list but I contacted the hotels wedding planner Louise who seems so lovely and helpful and the price list of exactly the same was cheaper so ive been using her. Il have to come and try and catch a glimps of your wedding then, we're flying on the 10th too. Which airport are you flying from? X

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

I'm funny with my make up too lillola so il prob do that myself and thinking of following your footsteps having a treat and my hair done Smiley smile jus spoke to Louise and there are a couple of weddings while we are on holiday,

how long has everyone had there wedding planned? I started just under two years in advance and I now have 17months to go! All this excitement for one day haha! It will be the best day of our lives tho I'm sure Smiley smile xx

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

I'm also using Louise she's fab and cheaper than Thomson ! Feel free to have a peep at ours its only a small wedding though. We fly from Newcastle wbu ? X

• L
    Beginner September 2014
    lillola ·
    • Hide content

Were flying from Birmingham morning flight around 7am. Well weve been together 11 years, engaged for 8 years with 3 daughters. We only booked and started planning in September 2013! So will b a year exactly from booking to the wedding.

Yes I have read good things about the hairdreser. Yes will def keep in touch. Its great to speak to ppl getting married at the same place especially the same week like mazzza!

Mazzza are you going to rhodes town before the weddingto show documents etc. We been told to do that. Its quite a journey from Pefkos tho!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Hiya erm im not sure about having to go to rhodes town before ?? Ill have to ask Lou !! We have friend's coming to our wedding who will be flying from Birmingham they havent booked yet.

We have been together 11 year and im a mature bride hence a quieter wedding x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

Ive just checked with Lou we don't have to go to the town hall before the wedding.we just need to go a couple of days after x

• L
    Beginner June 2015
    LollyDolly ·
    • Hide content

Ts good as me and oh are thinking iv spending a night or two at amathus suites but it is pretty far from the hotel maybe we could get dropped off after going to the town hall hha

so how did you choose the venue and reception have you been to Greece before? I have never been. We just booked lol

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

We went to Pefkos on holiday 9 year ago......in fact it was our first holiday abroad togetherb? so its kind of a special place for us x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    mazzza ·
    • Hide content

We went to Pefkos on holiday 9 year ago......in fact it was our first holiday abroad togetherb? so its kind of a special place for us x

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Surfer Rosa ·
    • Hide content

Ooh good to see this thread taking off! I'm getting married just before you on 4th September at St Paul's.

How are your plans going? We have sent out our invitations so we could get an early idea of numbers. Being measured for my dress in 3 weeks so desperately trying to lose a bit of weight.

• Saralou39000
    Beginner October 2015
    Saralou39000 ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to add - Pefkos is amazing! Been there on holiday twice and we loved it.

We stayed in the sister hotel to Island Blue in the year that it opened and so were able to go use the pool/bar while it was relatively quiet. It truely is gorgeous. Short walk to the beach and shops/bars/restuarants are literally a two minute walk away.

You guys are going to love it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics