Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kizzi10000
Beginner August 2016

Anyone played wedding 'raffle'? Ideas needed

kizzi10000, 25 of February of 2016 at 14:40 Posted on Planning 0 2

Thanks to yet another change of plan, as the pub we'd picked to eat and dance in after the ceremony has decided they're not sure they can offer what we want due to noise and space constraints, we've found a lovely conservatory in a school. Not too big, open grass down to the river, and looks stunning. More hassle as we'd have to hire furniture etc, deal with caterers and work out table names and seating lists, but fro my guesstimate, it will 'only' work out to around £500 more than we'd budgeted, so is doable. Just waiting to hear from them.

So now we've got tables, and we can sit people where we want, I'd like to play a game relating to things in our relationship. I thought about sticking raffle tickets under the chairs and raffling off a zorbing experience, as that's what OH took me on for our first date, or envelopes with presents for key people, or just something like an afternoon tea experience. Nothing that would cost huge amounts of money, but that would make things a little bit more personal and fun.

Has anyone else done anything similar to share?

2 replies

Latest activity by Jayne E, 25 of February of 2016 at 15:42
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

I've been to a couple of balls where we've played games and won prizes - I think it sounds like a great idea at a wedding!

My favourite game to play (because I always won) is called Stand Up/Sit Down. Everyone stands up to start and then you start eliminating people based on arbitrary facts. So... "if you're wearing white socks, sit down" or "If you were born in a month with an R in it, sit down" silly things, really.

The prize was usually a bottle of Champagne, but I can imagine this being really fun for the kind of prizes you had in mind Smiley smile

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ooh thanks, loving that one too! I REALLY hope this place is available now lol. The second choice pub wouldn't really lend itself to party games, even if we could get under all the seating

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a great idea. What about a sort of pub quiz sheet of questions that relate to the bride and groom. To make it easier maybe one sheet per table so each table can confer. Otherwise youmend up with loads of answers lol ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics