Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hypnopoison
Beginner September 2012

Anyone put any unusual requests in your invites?

Hypnopoison, 11 of July of 2012 at 06:26

Posted on Planning 266

I requested for ladies not to wear black, only because I find it strange that so many women wear black to weddings these days, as I'd never dream of wearing black to a wedding as it is a funeral colour and not a celebratory colour. I want my guests to be in all the colours of the rainbow, nice,...

I requested for ladies not to wear black, only because I find it strange that so many women wear black to weddings these days, as I'd never dream of wearing black to a wedding as it is a funeral colour and not a celebratory colour. I want my guests to be in all the colours of the rainbow, nice, bright and cheery Smiley surprise) I am hoping everyone realises that it isn't polite to wear cream or white either (I haven't mentioned that though).

Its not wrong to ask my guests to not wear something is it???

266 replies

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Ot ohhh. Look what Coleen wore to a family wedding this weekend. Black AND White!

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I am wearing my black shift dress to a wedding in september. I will be 4 months pg, conscious of looking big and nothing else that fits is smart enough. If my friend would rather i decline than have me there to share her day, well I would be questioning a) our friendship and b) my judge of character to be friends with someone like that

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I read through 90% of these posts because I am laid up in bed with literally nothing better to do...anyway I have never had a wedding invite that dictates dress code and I'd think the bride was being a little demanding and perhaps didn't have any faith in her guests to know how to dress..actually yeah, that would come across quite rudely.

On the same note I would NEVER have considered putting such a request into our invites because we know our guests and trust them to dress themselves for a wedding without us 'helping' - none of our guests are stupid as this type of dress code would imply.

Having to put no black, no trainers, no joggy bottoms etc just smacks of not trusting the people you are asking to share your day and if you don't then why ask them to be there?

Saw a wedding pass us yesterday and about 60% of guests were in black, worst dressed was a rather large, very pale skinned girl in a coral mini-dress.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics