Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Poppyseed
Beginner July 2012

Anyone supplying all the Drinks!

Poppyseed, 11 of October of 2011 at 12:05 Posted on Planning 0 11

For those of you who have supplied or our thinking of supplying all of the drink for the whole day/evening, how on earth do you work out how much you need?, and OM out of what you brought how much did actually get drunk? Thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by Poppyseed, 13 of October of 2011 at 14:32
  • Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Not including champers and beer etc, I think I want to have enough for a bottle per person. We don't have corkage at our venue and can take any unopened drink home. So with that in mind, I'd rather have too much than too little.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

I'd like to work on big meaures but as my Mam has mentioned guests will be drunk by the evening doooo. So looking at 2 reception drinks, half a bottle of wine with the meal and then 1 drink for the toast.

Majestic Wines seem to be one of the cheaper companies, and any un-opened bottles can be returned with a full refund (also free glass hire if needed). Plus once you have choosen which wines you want they will let you know when the special offers are on to save you money.

• J
    Beginner September 2012
    JoannaD ·
    • Hide content

At my cousins wedding this weekend we got

a glass of champagne after the ceremony

a glass of champagne while we were waiting for pictured to be taken

2 glasses of wine with dinner

a glass of champagne with the toast

a glass of champagne between day and evening receptions

and then evenings was all our own

but if they had paid for my drinks it would have been too much - i had 8 martinis 2 glasses of wine and a wine spritzer.

amazing i was still walking really.

id say though thast a glass of wine on arrival/before breakfast, 2 glasses of wine during the meal, a toast drink would be fine. for the evning i would say 3-5 bottles of wine per table depending on size.

• amychambers
    Beginner January 2015
    amychambers ·
    • Hide content

We have four drinks included in our reception but we are thinking of trying to save enough to put behind the bar

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

If you use the search function you'll find lots of examples of this on Hitched. We provided all of our own booze including spirits, wine, lager, ale, champagne and port. I can't remember the quantities we bought (we over catered but didn't want to run out!) but you'll be able to find it on here.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

Here you go:

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/235474/2283884.aspx#2283884

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/235474/2283929.aspx#2283929

• Browny
    Beginner June 2011
    Browny ·
    • Hide content

We provided all our own drinks and spent a good deal of time researching the best deals etc at supermarkets!

We got:

2 glasses of arrival drinks per person (Asti) - none left over

We also bought about 8 cartons of OJ for the non-drinkers. Had some of the OJ left over.

1/2 bottle of wine per person for the WB (split 50/50 red and white) - we had a few bottles of each left over

1/2 glass of sparkling wine per person for the toasts - none left over

2 cartons of OJ per table, 2 1.5 litre bottles of water per table. No water left over, some OJ left over.

For the evening do we got 12 bottles of rose, 12 extra bottles of both red and white (most of this was left over much to our delight!!!!). We got 4 cases of Magners which all went (it was a hot day). We got 40 cans of bitter (half left over) and loads of bud and fosters - cant remember how many crates but it was about 9 of each I think, possibly a bit more fosters. We had one case of bud left and 5 Fosters. That was for 130 ish people.

Spirits we got 4 x 1.5 litre bottles of vodka, (1/2 bottle left over), 1 x 1 litre bottle of gin (none left over), 1 x 1 litre bottle of whiskey (half left over), 2 bottles of Baileys (one was opened but barely touched), 2 bottles of Malibu (1 bottle left over), 2 bottles of Bacardi (1.5 left over), 1 bottle of Southern Comfort (none left), 3 bottles of JD (1 left over) - I think thats about it.

Soft drinks for the evening we got about 8 cartons of OJ, 4 cartons of Cranberry juice (all left over), about 8 bottles of coke and 8 of diet coke (about 4 of each left over), 6 bottles of lemonade, 4 of diet lemonade (not much of that left over), quite a few cases of red bull (not sure how many as a friend got them for us but there were quite a few left over so not much went) and then we got some orange, blackcurrent and lime cordial - most of which was left over. We also got some small bottles of water for the evening but they were hardly touched. We also got 3 litre bottles of tonic water and 2 bottles of bitter lemon. We had no tonic left and 1 bottle of bitter lemon.

We calculated the evening drinks based on the number of drinkers (some will be driving, some didnt drink for religious reasons) split them into men (lager/bitter) and women (wine/spirits), averaged about 5 drinks per person over the 4-5 hour period to average out heavy/light drinkers. The spread sheet was epic! Lol.

Then each item we wanted to buy we researched the supermarkets and waited for offers around xmas/easter and bought then. It was a lot of work and a pain in the backside but it worked and we didnt run out of alcohol which was my main worry!

If you need any more info just ask! xxx

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

I think the key is knowing your audience. Browny's booze quantity would have left my guests high and dry by about 8pm!

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We supplied all the drinks up till the evening reception. We had prosecco for the drinks reception and the first course of afternoon tea, then sweet wine with dessert and more prosecco for toasts. For 77 day guests we bought 48 bottles of prosecco plus a magnum of special champagne for top table, and 15 bottles of sweet wine. I think we had about 5 bottles of prosecco left and 7 of sweet wine.

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    nicadele ·
    • Hide content

We are supplying welcome/reception drink - glass of champagne

1/2 bottle of wine per person with meal

toast drink - glass of champagne

There will also be sparkling water/soft drinks

We are not supplying all the drinks due to the amount of people and the amount they drink if we supply it all some people will just go ridiculous and be unable to walk by the time the evening reception is due to start! We are hoping this may keep some of them in a reasonable state!

We are not allowed corkage or to supply our own drinks!

• Poppyseed
    Beginner July 2012
    Poppyseed ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, this was just the help I was looking for, this will give me a starting point, I hadn't got a clue, I am going to included some sort of Sparkling Wine, for arrival and toast, Cider and Alcopops for kids, definatly Port as having chesse boards for evening and some Calvados, as me and OH are very fond of a little drop?, also will be getting loads of soft drinks for the unlucky drivers! Thank you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics