Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

catcat
Beginner April 2007

Anyone tried the Harcombe diet??

catcat, 11 of August of 2009 at 14:27 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 6

Seen the book on Amazon and its got loads of reviews... just wondered if any of you had tried it...

6 replies

Latest activity by catcat, 29 of September of 2009 at 13:51
  • Scooby Doo
    Beginner October 2002
    Scooby Doo ·
    • Hide content

My husband and I started this diet 8 days ago and I have lost 7lbs and he has lost 6lbs and we normally do WW or Rosemary Conleyand have been losing weight steadily with both those diets for the past 9 months (I have lost over 3 stone) but I feel this change in diet has given my body a boost.

I am not hungry at all but the thing I miss most is a normal cup of tea with milk! It seems strange after being so used to counting calories or points that I am now just eating food. I do feel I am eating a lot less than with WW but I really dont feel I am hungry at all.Also it fits in with cooking for my boys too I just add carbs to their meal if we are having a fat meal etc.

If you have any questions fire away I have both the books and so could hopefully answer any questions you have. Lots of yummy and quick recipes in the book too.

• catcat
    Beginner April 2007
    catcat ·
    • Hide content

Oooooh, thanks for replying!

I guess I just need to know a bit more as money is quite tight and I'd want to know I was going to use it before buying it etc.

Are there definitely 'mustn't eats' then?? And do you have to practically starve the first 5 days??

Love the idea of not having to count anything though!!!

• Scooby Doo
    Beginner October 2002
    Scooby Doo ·
    • Hide content

Yes you musn't eat processed food, and you must not eat carbs and fat at the same meal. Ideally drink before your meals, no caffeine, diet drinks etc. I was not starving for the first 5 days but then I have been eliminating things out of my diet the last 2 months anyway ie: wheat etc

Have you seen the website http://www.theharcombediet.com/content/about-the-book/index.asp might be useful to browse.

I really really must go to bed now but I will reply in more detail tomorrow though ok.

• D
    Beginner August 2003
    Dot. ·
    • Hide content

Scooby- I just had a look at that website. It suggests you can't eat fruit in phase one. Is this right?!!! what do you eat?

• Scooby Doo
    Beginner October 2002
    Scooby Doo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is right no fruit in phase 1 but that is only for 5 days.

This is what I have eaten over the last few days....

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - porridge made with water (this is what I have had for breakfast for about the last 5 years anyway!) I have 35g although you are allowed more.

Cobb salad for lunch so has egg,chicken breast, bacon and cheese with lots of salad

Bean paella (kidney beans, rice and load of veg) this was to serve 4 but the portions were so massive it lasted us 3 nights!

Thursday - same breakfast and similar lunch but for tea chicken breast with mashed swede and vegetables.

Friday - same breakfast and similar lunch but for tea have just had pork escalope with roasted vegetables (pepper, mushrooms, butternut squash, red onion)

I have lost 28.5lbs since 2nd May although only started this diet probably 4 weeks ago now and am getting a steady loss each week. I am not hungry at all and have not been snacking inbetween meals at all and I only drink water although that is what I have always done anyway.

HTH

• JennyXoXo
    Beginner November 2010
    JennyXoXo ·
    • Hide content

Forget dieting! I stopped dieting and started exercise months ago and the difference is amazing. I can eat, for the most part, whatever I want and I still keep my weight slim. Once you get in the habit of exercising 2 hours a day/7 dayss a week you will really notice a difference. That's a lot of time, but it's worth it, and has much more health benefits than dieting.

• catcat
    Beginner April 2007
    catcat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think if you are overweight then a combination of dieting and exercise is the healthiest option. You say exercising is more healthy, but not if you are then eating copious amounts on processed foods that clog the arteries with fat etc. I am sure people aren't recommended to exercise 7 days a week anyway, the body needs rest days to be most efficient.

I am on day 2 of phase 1. Bizarrely I am 3lbs lighter than I was this time yesterday but the book does say you lose a lot of the water that has been in the body as water retention. Who knows. I am quite headachey and missing a few foods but am not craving them too badly. Looking forward to phase 2 and pasta and cheese though.

Is the recipe book worth buying?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics