Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

lauren700
Beginner

Anyone use Bare Minerals?

lauren700, 4 May, 2011 at 11:29 Posted on Planning 0 24

Have been recommended it but I'm fairly happy with my clinique.

Thoughts?

24 replies

Latest activity by SarB, 5 May, 2011 at 06:51
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I do and my skin is quite bad, it covers it flawlessly and has a beautiful glow to it xx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I did use it, but have recently converted to Benefit's Flawless foundation... feels lush!

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

I only use the concealer if i have a blemish or heaven forbid a spot!! i found the foundation doesnt cover as well as my normal one....but thats prolly just my skin!

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I was converted to it last year by my SIL2B, who was converted by her friend, who worked in a beauty salon. SIL2B has now converted most of her friends and family!

I bought a starter kit which isn't available any more, but which had an under eye concealer, finishing powder, bronzer and highlighter, as well as three brushes. I bought a foundation, blusher and concealer separately. You wouldn't believe it by looking at the powder in the pot, but it really does give amazing coverage, and you can use as much or as little as you want. I only tend to use the foundation in the summer, as I accidentally bought a shade a little bit too dark. To work, I usually wear just the foundation and a bit of blusher, but when I go out and wear all of the different powders, my face really does look amazing!

• WhiteRose84
    Beginner
    WhiteRose84 ·
    • Hide content

Me!!! I swear by Bare Minerals - my first and last foundation ? xxx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh but it is!!!

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

I tried the powder foundation but it felt quite heavy on my skin so I'm back to my liquids again!

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

I got a tester pot a few weeks back and wore it every day for a week, and my skin came out in spots. It does this with every make up I've ever tried, so I don't wear make up day to day, only for special occasions. I'd hoped BM would be better 'cause of the whole mineral hype, but it didn't really work for me.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

Yeah the starter kit is still available as Mrs C says. I've converted lots of my friends to Bare Minerals and the starter kits are always pushed on them by the sales assistant. Can be good value but sometimes not right for everyone if they are just looking for the foundation.

I do really like the foundation, don't use any of the other products though. It really does perfect my skin without looking like I've got too much make up on, before I tried it I'd never had trusted a powder foundation, and especially using it as a concealor too! I use it during the day and at work but for a night out then I still use liquid foundation to be sure it stays put and gives me heavier coverage.

If you are planning on using Bare Minerals on your wedding day, it contains sunscreen which I've heard isn't good for photographs. It's a low SPF which should be ok, maybe someone else can advise re sunscreens and photos etc!

x

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

I started using it about 5 years ago and have never looked back. My skin was so bad back then that I couldn't wear any foundation without it making me breakout. My skin actually got better when I started using it!

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I use it and LOVE it! I never liked the feel of make up before but it really does feel like youre wearing nothing. I have tried benefit but it bought me out in a rash all over my face Smiley sad. I remember when Bare minerals was first bought out over here (mum was an avid watcher of QVC at the time). I would never go back at all... I love it! lol

You're probably not using enough, or not buffing it for long enough - thats what the woman who gave me my make up trial said about it anyway and she works for them. xx

• Starlight85
    Beginner June 2011
    Starlight85 ·
    • Hide content

I've just bought some of this after being reccommended it and I'm loving it, It feels so light that i don't feel like im wearing to much as im not used to wearing makeup and it covers pretty well. I was reccommended it because my skin is pretty bad and the BM make up actually heals your skin after wearing it for around six weeks. Im only on week 2 so hoping it does the trick for my red cheeks in time for my wedding. I went to a BM counter in Debenhams and the woman there was really helpful, she did a test to find the right colour for me as they have a million different ones! and she didn't push there starter kits or brushes etc. I would reccommend if you can to go to a BM counter and get the lady to test some things out for you.

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

I tried Avon's version a few weeks ago and loved it but it ran out fast, so have been looking at getting the bigger pots on ebay.

Is there much difference between Bare Minerals / Bare Escentuals / ID etc?

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats what I did! They really are brilliant in there!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's all the same thing - My pot says ID Bare Minerals on it but then think the company name is Bare Escentuals. Definately the best plan to go to a counter in Debenhams or Frasers and be colour matched by the nice lady. Don't be pushed into buying anything though if you don't want to. If need be tell them you'd like to walk about wearing it to see how it feels later in the day and will come back and purchase later if you decide to etc...

x

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm going to get mine from Ebay, they're half the price. I'm ok for my colouring, just wanted to know if there was much difference between the products and the BM was seems to be cheaper than the ID brand.

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content

I often recommend it to my clients with skin problems. Many people complain that it doesn't cover blemishes as effectively as a liquid of cream foundation, but if you bear with it for a few weeks you will see a drastic improvement to your skin.

Plus, because of the mineral pigments, it never goes off so it's brilliant for people who don't wear foundation on a daily basis. It might take you three years to get through the jar, but it will still be fine.

There is another company called lilylolo who make mineral foundations. Although their colour range is more extensive, I don't think the quality of the foundations are as good, however their bronzers, blushes and shadows are BRILLIANT!

www.lilylolo.co.uk

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

These are all exactly the same product, I think the different names were conceived for different markets. QVC used to only market as Bare Escenutals, then Debenhams took Bare Minerals, whilst I.D is the name of the product, but I think they are beginning to merge.

• JezVonSavage
    Beginner September 2012
    JezVonSavage ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Be careful- most of them are counterfeit.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Not the one I bought, at least I don't think it is. I bought it in January 2010 in Debenhams and they had one box left and they said it was being discontinued. It was called Complexion Enhancers and contained mini pots of Well Rested, Pure Radiance, Faux Tan and Feather Light Mineral Veil, along with three brushes. I know they now do "Get Started" Kits which contain two different foundations and other things, but I don't think they do this particular one any more.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

I had my make up trial last week and loved the bare minerals! For me it felt light, even with quite a heavy coverage of foundation, and it stayed on really well.

• 1Lucie
    Beginner May 2011
    1Lucie ·
    • Hide content

Brill stuff, been using it for about a year, well worth the money! I have vvv bad acne and it has helped it no end!

• SarB
    Beginner August 2011
    SarB ·
    • Hide content

I cant reccommend this highly enough!!

I was very sceptical about it! I suffer from very bad rosacea which is reddening of the skin all my capillaires come to the surface and my skin is very dry it effects my nose and cheeks so I do a bloody good rudolph impression all year round!!

My mum ordered me an 8 piece starter kit from QVC and now I have the hang of it its great! I use it in conjunction with my clinique anti-redness cleanser, moisturiser and make up base and its fab I can fool anybody into thinking I have flawless skin!!

I was an Estee Lauder Double Wear girl but would not go back now!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics