Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Pittabre

Anyone use 'webuyanycar.com'?

Pittabre, 29 of September of 2013 at 08:45 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 13

What was the deal like you got from them?

13 replies

Latest activity by Hassan, 3 of February of 2023 at 11:45
  • A
    Beginner April 2012
    abi137 ·
    • Hide content

I got a quote from them a couple of year ago for a 10yr old renault megane, they offered me £60 but there was admin cost of £49.95 i had to pay!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

It's awful pittabre, stead clear. You are much better looking online at scrap car merchants as many will collect.

wbac offered me £70 for my 11 year old 106, with a£50 admin fee. A scarp car place collected it for me and gave £102.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

We used a similar company called the Car buying service. I think they're mainly Yorkshire based.

I was quite impressed. My 03 polo had the engine management light on and was out of MOT. They offered me £1100 online (which I knew I wouldn't get once they'd assessed the engine etc). They offered me £500 on the day because of the engine fault and we haggled them up to £800. I was considering scrapping the car so i was happy with that.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

A girl l know used them and reckoned she got a good price. Despite the car being in a bit of a state.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

I would avoid based on what people have said... For a bit of perspective in 2011 I scrapped my 1998 Daewoo Matiz and got £130 from the scrap people. I thought that was quite good for an MOT failure with severe corrosion!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I know they don't have a sense of humor, this has been working its way around FB! :-)

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

They offered me (Internet quote) £2,000 for my 2006 Vauxhall Tigra, I sold it privately for £4,000.

• Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well they do say any car! Haha love it.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Have had similar experience as others - they offered me £60 for one car which I then sold privately for £500 and £35 for car I then scrapped, I think I got about £140 for scrapping it. They seem to give extremely low prices

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

I've used them twice. Only because I wanted a quick sale and couldn't wait around for someone to pick my corsa/Peugeot 206 over the ten million others for sale!

Both times I got less than the original quote, but I did notice that if I got a quote and didn't book an appt, the next time I got a quote it was higher. I did this for a week and it went up by over £100. The higher it starts the higher it will finish if that makes sense?

• Loopz
    Beginner March 2013
    Loopz ·
    • Hide content

They're awful. I've not heard any positives about them.

my old S reg Saxo failed it's MOT and needed hefty work. They quoted me about £500, but when we took it to them we got £220! I would have got more scrapping it, but then couldn't transport it anywhere. I was fuming.

• P
    Beginner April 2018 East London
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I used another company named https://www.scrapmycar.net/ and was really happy with the result. Great service and good value.

• Hassan
    East Central London
    Hassan ·
    • Hide content

"webuyanycar.com" is a UK-based company that allows you to sell your car quickly and easily. They provide an online valuation tool which gives you an estimated price for your vehicle based on its make, model, and condition. If you're happy with the offer, you can book an appointment at one of their branches to have the car inspected.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics