Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2015

Anyone used Angel Brides in horsforth Leeds? Not the best experience

MrsB2015, 20 of October of 2014 at 11:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi All

I ordered my dress on Saturday from here as they are one of a few Sophia Tolli stockist in west Yorkshire, I didn't have the best of experiences so was thinking of sending this email to the manager?

Just wondering if anyone else had used them or had any problems?

FAO Angel Brides Manager

I am sending this email with concern over my visit to your store on Saturday 18th October.

I have contact yourself on a few occasions now regarding ordering a Sophia Tolli dress from yourself that you do not stock. I have spoken to a couple of members of staff in the past to explain my situation. Early in the week i spoke to a lady and discussed that i wanted to order the dress but 2 weeks ago underwent a major stomach operation meaning that i am extremely swollen and will be for many months. I was advised the waiting time for a dress was 6 months and due to my wedding being in 8 months now seemed the perfect time to place the order although i informed staff i couldn't be measured as previously stated i am very swollen. I advised staff early in the week i had tried on the dress in a previous store in a size 16 and i was happy with that size so would place the order in the 16. I was advised i still needed to come in store to have the length measured, at this stage i wasn't informed of any extra charge for this. I made an appointment for Saturday at 4pm.

When arriving at the store i spoke to a lady called Rianne, she had no back ground information on the situation so found myself having to explain all this again! I informed her i wanted to order the size 16 in which she asked a uk 16 or Sophia Tolli 16, i wasnt aware there was a difference in size and if i had been aware i could of contacted the previous store to find out which i tried on. She advised me the UK 16 was a Sophia Tolli 18, she said she didn't know what to do! I suggested ordering the Sophia Tolli 18 that way if i had tried on a Sophia Tolli 16 i assume it would be easier to alter the dress down than order the Sophia Tolli 16 and it be too small, she said ok and wrote down the size. She didn't offer any advice on sizes she just said i dont know when i asked her opinion.

I then informed her that the shoes i had ordered were a 4.5 inch heel with a 1.5 inch platform, again she replied i don't know how much to add on if its 4.5 or 6 inches. I suggested it was probably the 4.5 as 6 inches would be far too high, she then went to ask a colleague who also agreed to add on the 4.5 not the 6!

She then took me into a back room to do my measurements which she did 3 times twice saying something didn't add up!! I understand that i am bandaged up and she said she couldn't find my stomach button. I lifted my dress and pointed out to her where my stomach button was, she then did the measurements again and said that looks better. I am aware it was a different situation but i am extremely concerned that the measurements are not correct and that she possibly didn't add the heel length on.

I then asked the lady if she think i needed a hoop with my dress, she responded "i don't know because i don't know what dress you have ordered" I understand that you don't have the dress in stock but as a customer i feel it would of been nice for the assistant to of had a look at the dress a customer was ordering. She asked me what the dress was like and i gave her a description, she advised it was hard to judge as she hasn't seen it on me but i did ask in her opinion with her knowledge of Sophia Tolli dresses what she recommended. Again she went to get the other assistant who advised she got the ipad and had a look at the dress. At this stage they both suggested a hoop wasn't required. I understand the dress isn't in stock and she hasn't seen me in it but i do assume people order dresses from you that you don't have in stock?

She then advised there was a charge for custom length and a charge for alterations, i informed her i hadn't been told about a charge for custom length and was told that alterations were included in the price. Again she went to get the assistant and came back to advise me "yes your right there is no charge".

All in all i felt very disappointed from my visit, ordering your wedding dress is suppose to be one of the most exciting times of your life and i have come away feeling let down and unsure that the dress has been ordered correctly! I am spending a lot of money on a dress and expect for the store to at least know what dress i am ordering.

If you could please contact me regarding these issues raised and i would appreciate if the order was checked before sending off to make sure the measurements are correct.

Many thanks

6 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 21 of October of 2014 at 08:18
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I'm a local wedding photographer, based in Adel. I haven't heard anything bad about this shop before - have never even heard of the place. I refer all my brides to Wedding Belles of Otley and they have been very happy with the service there.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Paula, I am sure Leeds is full of lovely bridal shops but like I said its the only one in West Yorkshire that sells Sophia Tolli dresses so I had no other choice other than go to Grimsby or Manchester.

x

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Sorry you had such a poor experience, it wouldn't fill me with much confidence either. What I will say is that most wedding dresses some in 2 lengths (both extra long) and are then altered when they arrive so unless you are really tall in your heels the length should be fine.

As for your email I think it sums up your experience and your dissatisfaction well- just give it another read, I saw a typo in the first line 'contact' I think should be 'contacted' and when the assistant agreed there should be no charge it should be 'you're' not 'your'. I know it may seem petty but I know I would want someone to point it out!

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks hun I wrote it at work still upset!

I have just found the size chart which she didn't show me and now realise the Sophia Tolli 18 will be massive on me so must of been the 16 I tried on! They are shut today so hopefully I can call them tomorrow and change the size to the 16! If she had shown me the size guide I could of worked that out! Plus I am planning on loosing weight so don't want it so big they cant alter it down

xx

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I think it's mostly ok. Just a couple of minor points: you fall into the trap of writing "could of" instead of "could have". The phrase which sounds verbally like "could of" is "could've", a contraction of "could have" (same with "for the assistant to [have] had a look"). Also, "I" should be capitalised throughout. If you make those two changes, it will make your email come across as much more professional, which will give it more impact and, hopefully, give you a better chance of getting the result you want.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's where I've got mine from. She's marvellous. ? I've ordered a dress she doesn't stock and every step has been executed perfectly.

OP: In addition to the typos others have pointed out, I think the letter is a little long, tbh. Complaint letters are best when they are brief, to the point and have no fluff.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear of your bad experience there. I'm also in West Yorkshire and have had a lot of customers who have got their dresses from Angels and they couldn't praise them enough. All in all, they seem to have a very good reputation in the area unless they've recently changed ownership. Agree with the others too that your letter is a bit 'waffly' and needs condensing to get your points over better. Hope you get things sorted.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics