Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

beccak
Beginner September 2014

Anyone using clip-in hair extensions?

beccak, 25 of April of 2014 at 13:28 Posted on Planning 0 1

My hairdresser (who I haven't actually met yet) has suggested that I get some clip-in hair extensions to give my hair more volume and length, if necessary, for the big day; it's currently about collarbone length and I'm so annoyed I cut it from very long to long-bob a few months before my OH proposed!

I'm probably going to go for a loose, low side bun but my hair is very fine so I think extensions might help bulk it up and make it look less flat.

Is anyone else using them and if so, can you recommend a brand/website to buy from? My hair trial is in 2 months time so I need to find some in the next few weeks, but there are so many online with varying reviews, I don't know what to go for.

Thanks!

1 replies

Latest activity by *J9*, 25 of April of 2014 at 14:16
  • cinnamon009
    Beginner December 2014
    cinnamon009 ·
    • Hide content

You are best going into somewhere to have them matched to your hair colour. Ordering online in terms of colour can be a bit hit and miss. Ideally look for remy hair or human hair as the fake hair can look too fake.

My only other thought would be whether they will work for the style you have chosen? I have only ever used them with my hair down as otherwise you can see the clips. I'm guessing that as your hairdresser has asked you to get them she knows what to do with them to ensure you won't see the clips in your style. I paid £59 for my last half set. You might not need a full set. Sallys have shops all over and are fairly cheap. I got my last set from a stall in the middle of a shopping centre.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I had a few clip in extensions for my wedding hair - just to add volume rather than length. Luckily my friend has the same hair colour as me so she let me use hers. She gets hers from a stall at Blackbushe Market.

You're best off getting them from somewhere you can actually see them as colours often look different on screen.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics