Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner January 1999

Anyone using dried flower bouquets/buttonholes?

Kilner, 23 of April of 2015 at 20:36 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi all

I am seriously considering using dried flowers as they look amazing and are much more convenient for storage and transport to venue etc etc.

I was looking at the English Rose Garden bridal bouquet, 8 buttonholes and 2 posies for bridesmaids, and the rustic heart wand for 3 year old bridesmaid.

It comes to about £200 for the lot which I think is pretty reasonable and they can last a couple of years if looked after.

Here is a link:

https://www.artisandriedflowers.co.uk/category-101/bridesmaid.htm

Is anyone else thinking of using dried? I would love to hear your thoughts.?

7 replies

Latest activity by jen-lou, 26 of April of 2015 at 11:32
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Meeeee. My bouquet is dried flowers and our decoration / table "centrepieces" is also dried flowers. I bought them on Etsy from this seller.

Bouquet was about £30 and absolutely perfect. So so gorgeous.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FlorenceAndFlowers

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I had silk flowers. It's our 25th anniversary in August and they still look the same!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I had foam roses, and a lot of people didnt think they was fake at all. When I was looking, was told that Foam looked more real and holded out a bit better than silk shape wise.

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for that link Sam&Louise. Will have a good look a those later.?

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Yes, ive ordered all mine from the artisan dried flower company, I got my bouquet, 2 x bridesmaid bouquets, 1 flower girl wand, 3 sets of button holes (get 4 in each set) and something for my hair and it came to around £230 with delivery.

I didnt want to get real flowers, the brooch bouquets, as nice as they were were just not me, and I didnt like the foam ones. As soon as I saw this site I knew these were the flowers for me.

• I
    Beginner January 2016
    imabusybee ·
    • Hide content

Love this idea! Not for myself but think it would look lovely!

• K
    Beginner January 1999
    Kilner ·
    • Hide content

Hi jen-lou

Have you received them yet? I would love to know if they are as good as the pictures on artisan website and what the texture of them is like? A random question but are they crispy??

Thanks ?

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nope I've not received them yet. I ordered them at the beginning of the year so I got them at this year's price. They won't arrive until this time next year. I know they are made to order dried from that years flowers etc. So it's not much help on what the texture etc is like. If you are worried buy one of the cheaper items first and say you want it as soon as possible and then decide from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics