Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2012

Anyone using Floating Candles????

MrsCoombs2be, 24 February, 2012 at 18:42 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm so annoyed, weve brought lots of fishbowls for our centrepieces and i thought today id trial run how id like it to look. So ive got purple water and floating candles and a few petals, i lit the 3 candles, 2 went out within 5mins and the one that stayed alight...i all of a sudden heard a big crack and its made a huge crack in a very thick glassed fishbowl! Ruined!

Does this just not work as a centrepiece or am i doing something wrong???

xxx

3 replies

Latest activity by Hawk, 25 February, 2012 at 12:15
  • M
    Beginner July 2012
    maxinegallie ·
    • Hide content

I've never had much luck with floating candles so my preference would be not to use them. Could you put flowers of some description in the fish bowls and then have tea lights or votives around the fish bowl?

• M
    Beginner June 2012
    MrsCoombs2be ·
    • Hide content

Yes I think that maybe a wise idea. Or my OH has suggested batterypowdered candle. Atough I'm yet to be convinced! X

• J
    jules40 ·
    • Hide content

Because of the shape of the fish bowl the candle floats under the curve and the heat cracks the glass, you either need straight sided vases or a candle you can place in the centre of the fish bowl. So I would either ditch the water and use crystals or glass nuggets in the vase with one candle in the centre,or use water activated lights in the water and float a flower on top instead.

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

We are using floating candles however we have straight vases.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics