Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

D
Beginner October 2011

Anyone using REAL flowers in their hair?

Dafodill, 7 June, 2011 at 18:16 Posted on Planning 0 9

HI, has anyone used/ going to use real flowers in their hair? I was thinking of a few flowers pinned to the side in quite a natural style. Not sure if it would work though as I don't know how they would stay put (might be too heavy). If you have any photos could you flash them please? Thanks.

9 replies

Latest activity by Natjay, 7 June, 2011 at 22:14
  • D
    Beginner October 2011
    Dafodill ·
    • Hide content

What kind of flower(s) did you have? How many? What style was your hair? tell me more please ?

• freb2reh
    Beginner July 2011
    freb2reh ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping to have either one or three roses. My florist has said she will just wire any spare heads at no extra cost for me. I think the wiring is how you manage to secure them and helps to stop them wilt so much. I am not too worried about wilting though as our ceremony isn't until gone 5pm. I think some flowers are supposed to last better than others though HTH.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I had 3 frangpani in mine, two pink, one white and none of them were wired, although they do have a natural longish 'stem' to the flower head. Will see if I can find a piccie (who am I kidding, finding a piccie isn;t going to be an issue in the slightest.....now, picking ONE on the other hand.....!!? )

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

Piccie, as promised. I actually had the same flowers as in bouquet so it was pink frangi and a white orchid. Sorry the photo's so dark but it should give you the idea - not sure it comes anywhere close to being a 'natural' hairstyle though!?

• D
    Beginner October 2011
    Dafodill ·
    • Hide content

That's beautiful, I love the flowers. Thanks for your advice.

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Your florist will wire them individually which means your hairdresser can just bend the wires into a hook shape similar to a hair grip and they slide in. Some flowers are better than others but your florist will advise you which will stand the test of time and those that won't. Orchids, roses, spray carnations, are the best and most hardiest of flowers and will survive quite well out of water throughout the day even if it's warm.

• N
    Beginner April 2012
    Natjay ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to have my hair up with a few lilly of the vally in as remeberence to my grandma as was her favourite

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics