Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sparkly Bride
Beginner August 2012

Anyone wearing a grecian style dress?

Sparkly Bride, 2 of August of 2011 at 19:00 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi there was just wondering if anyone was wearing this style of dress. Iv gone from wanting a princess style with lots of blingto now loving the grecian style. Iv tried 2 now and really like them. They are soooo elegant and simple but do you think they are TO simple? If anybodys wearing would love to see your pics xx

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs_imp, 3 of August of 2011 at 10:00
  • septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married abroad and this was what I wanted but when I tried them on (albeit nice) I just didn't feel bridal enough (prob just me being a fuss pot) but felt that paying over £1k on a 'maxi' dress seemed a bit too much iykwim, it was only when I went and tried on fuller dresses I felt I was getting my moneys worth lol! x

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Hi, originally I wanted a princess style dress but I looked awful in them so I tried on a grecian style and fell in love. Mine is a halter-neck with crystal and pearl details underneath the boob bit, added bonus it was in the sale for less than half of what I'd planned to spend :0). It is very simple so I am funking it up with a big messy up-do and a pearl and crystal forehead band (still looking for a band though!). My wedding is next year so no pics I'm afraid! Less is more plus you should go with what makes you feel confident. Zoe x

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Thankyou both. Iv got to agree with the less is more and I cant believe it suits me. Im also going to have my hair up if I go for this style as it complements the dress better. I can also wear a veil which looked stunning as when tried with the pricessy dresses didn't look right at all . I was just worried it didn't look weddingy enough but its definatly elegant and not what people will be expecting. They are great on price to!! Im going back tommorrow with my best mate for a second opinion so will try and flash a pic xx

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Theres so many lovely grecian hair styles you can wear with a grecian dress, I fell in love with one on ebay I'll see if I can find the pic x

• septemberbride2011
    Beginner August 2011
    septemberbride2011 ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Oooh thats lovely. My other half said he'd love me to have my hair down and curled for our wedding day but I didnt think it would suit the dress but thats lovely. Il have to get my hairdresser to try a few up and down styles. Shes really young and super modern so I bet she could work miracles with wedding hair. Thankyou for that xx

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

Just found this as well which is lovely. And my first flash just spent 20 minutes figuring it out ha xx

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

I thought I would end up with a Grecian style dress, I have ended up with something that is almost there! I think that they are very elegant and simple dresses, and I am firmsly in the camp of less is more.

I am going to wear my hair down I think, I am going to go for loose/boho style hair. I can't find any pictures of the hair that I want but will flash a picture of my dress below. Unfortunately I don't have one of me in it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics