Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsV-wasMissB
Beginner August 2015

Anyone whos had a Lindy Bop dresses, are they true to size?

MrsV-wasMissB, 12 of June of 2015 at 21:45 Posted on Planning 0 8

Any alternatives? My eyes are square now from Googling :/

8 replies

Latest activity by TheOtherMoof, 13 of June of 2015 at 23:09
  • M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

They are true to size and they are nice dresses but you will need the net underskirt to get the 50's shape x

• X
    Beginner July 2016
    xxbeckyxx999 ·
    • Hide content

They are fantastic dresses. I didn't think mine was going to fit me but once I had someone zip it up it was a perfect fit Smiley smile

• Holey
    Beginner July 2011
    Holey ·
    • Hide content

Depends on your body shape, I'm a 12 but with a bit of a tummy and I have to get a 14.

If your budget will stretch Vivien of Holloway are top notch with boning and everything.

Other more reasonable brands are voodoo vixen and hell bunny.

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

Depends on the cut of the dress. swing full skirt style gives you more leeway on the hips and bum. im a typical pear and for me i can get away with a smaller size in their stuff. generally think their sizing is pretty accurate.

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

They are quite true to size, I wore one as a bridesmaid dress last year. however we did not have underskirts, and had the skirts brought up. Without an underskirt they are cut for amazons, and this is coming from me who is nearly 5'10".

The only thing I would be weary of is the hemline. When I had mine altered we found it was really bad, on one side it was taken up by about 2 inch and on the other by only half an inch!

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I have 2 they are a great fit

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

Also I got my net under skirt elsewhere they are very cheap on ebay and I got one that was only net at the bottom a full net was too much.

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the tips ladies

xx

• TheOtherMoof
    Beginner June 2019
    TheOtherMoof ·
    • Hide content

The only thing I would be cautious about would be the bust on them. I've bought a couple of dresses from them in the past and found that whilst the hip and waist fits nicely, the bust area is pretty small. That might just be me though, as I am rather well endowed in that area! If you're between sizes I would recommend ordering the bigger size.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics