Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chel
Beginner August 2005

anyone work for flybe? (or use them a lot?)

Chel, 20 June, 2009 at 15:12 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 4

Hiya

we're flying on an internal uk flight on tuesday and i've just been checking on the hand luggage requirements. we have a small trolley case but it's 3cm taller than their limit, although all other dimensions are within limits. just looked on argos to try and find one small enough and found another case that's 2cm deeper than the max, but within their other limits

anyone know how strict they are and what happens if we're slightly over? presumably we'd have to stow it?

failing that, anyone know where i can get a case that's 50cm x 35cm x 23cm? lol

4 replies

Latest activity by Micky, 20 June, 2009 at 22:12
  • E
    Beginner August 2006
    Emma217 ·
    • Hide content

I use FlyBe a couple of times a year. They are strict on the bag sizes because their planes are usually so small.

• Roller Disco
    Beginner September 2008
    Roller Disco ·
    • Hide content

They are fairly strict because the size of the aircraft means the overhead lockers are simply too narrow to take what I would consider a normal hand baggage sized wheelie. I actually think you'd struggle to find a wheelie bag small enough to actually go into the overhead lockers actually, I was rather naively quite shocked when I got on to see how miniature the aircraft was.

Having said that, I took my small wheelie on a domestic FlyBe flight recently and the guy on checkin had a look at my bag and said I might have trouble getting it in the lockers but let let me take it on anyway, and when I was on board the crew said stowing it under the seat in front would be fine.

If however the check in staff think its too big to take on, they'll simply load it into the hold for you and you'll have to pay extra (not sure how much though).

• Chel
    Beginner August 2005
    Chel ·
    • Hide content

Thanks both

not sure whether to risk or or to take my oi oi changing bag and get some use out of that lol. we're only going overnight but when there's 3 of us and we're not exactly sure what's planned for us when we get there then I need a couple of changes of clothes each.

if it gets checked it then it's a £15 charge - I'm trying to be a cheap skate lol

• Allison Wonderland
    Beginner December 2006
    Allison Wonderland ·
    • Hide content

They are very strict about it in my experience (travelling between Newcastle and Southampton). I have hand luggage which has dimensions exactly the same as Flybe's specification, yet it doesn't actually fit in the overhead locker and so I have to stow it under the seat in front.

• M
    Beginner January 2012
    Micky ·
    • Hide content

I have used them for the last few weeks travelling back and forward to Jersey, and they weren't that strict. Yesterday my colleague was flying to Gatwick and he had a large holdall and they didn't stop him. A couple of individuals got on my flight and they had cases too large to fit in to the overhead and they put them under the seats. The planes are tight for space though. If in any doubt pay the £15 as they will charge you £26 at the airport if they decide your bag is too big.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics