Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Anyone worried about seeing your dress again? *** now with flashes***

4 of January of 2014 at 20:53 Posted on Planning 0 13

I ordered mine in August and it should be in the shop in February to start alterations. But I've convinced myself I picked the wrong dress. I'm worried I'll try it on and hate it. Has anyone else had this?

13 replies

Latest activity by ShootingStar2012, 5 of January of 2014 at 10:44
  • Hoddy
    Beginner July 2014
    Hoddy ·
    • Hide content

You won't! You chose it for a reason Smiley smile I picked mine in June I believe, and I am trying it on again in April for a fitting and I am petrified I will have put too much weight on and won't be able to fit into it ?

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content

I was worried but only that it wouldn't fit. You chose the dress for a reason so don't worry. Do you have any photos you can look back on?

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

I chose mine in August, but don't get married until MArch 15, I'm worried I won't like it and made a hash decision, but for some reason I obviously liked that dress! Smiley smile

• IGB2B
    Beginner May 2014
    IGB2B ·
    • Hide content

Are you me? I feel EXACTLY the same way. I love the dress I chose but I do worry that I was persuaded to choose it because it was more "weddingy" and the other dress I liked was very "me"!

I've still got pics of me in the dress and I still love it but I just hope my hubby to be loves it too! I can't wait for my fittings. But I do have some doubts. I think it must be normal. It's such an expensive and important purchase!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

I've been feeling the same today! Not bought my dress yet but was looking through some that I bookmarked and they're lovely but am I missing out on feeling like I'm wearing a princess dress? Think I'll have to book lots of appointments soon and really get an idea of what I want!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is gorgeous by the way! And not too poofy!

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

That's a beautiful dress!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi Almost Mrs,

We're dress twins, yippee!! Please don't worry about hating it when you next see it, I've tried Patience on three times now and every time I do I love it more and spend most of the time swooshing round the shop. I felt a bit like you just after it was ordered and I kept going back to those pictures of it online, but I don't think those pictures capture how amazing I felt in it or how nice it really look in real life. And similar to me, it's not the style that I had originally thought that I would want, but as soon as I tried it on I knew. I love all the detailing around the bodice and the tulle layers are so lovely it makes me feel like a princess,, but without a really weighty gown Also, I think that the belt and detail is really slimming!

Please don't worry, by the sounds of it, lots of Brides feel this way as it's such a long time from when you order it to when you see it in real life that there is always room for doubt to creep it - you chose it for a reason.

Take some pictures when you do go and try it on next and show us how lovely it is x

• ShootingStar2012
    Beginner March 2015
    ShootingStar2012 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel exactly the same too! I was torn between two dresses, one I think people would 'expect' and the other not what I thought I'd like but felt like a princess in and you only do this once! So went for the more 'weddingy' one and have been having doubts. Maybe it's too puffy, too OTT etc... My mum, MIL and BMs who have seen it say it's gorgeous, but maybe just being polite?!?!

But as everyone is saying, it was chosen for a reason so maybe I'd better have a taste of my own medicine and stop worrying, lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics