Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ohwhatatuesday
Beginner May 2014

Anything i can do to stop spots/ulcers/generally being run-down?

Ohwhatatuesday, 3 of May of 2014 at 09:30 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 10

I suddenly got loads of ulcers in my mouth this week (often seems to happen when I'm stressed out). Then on Thursday I woke up with a half closed eye and I've been told I have an eye infection. Then yesterday I spotted I'd cut my gum on the front of my mouth and this morning it's very painful and it looks like it might be infected and bleeding.

And now ive also started getting a ton of spots around my mouth. I've gone to opticians about the eye & have drops and I'm trying to get an emergency dentist appointment for the gum.

I don't know whether it's all an unlucky coincidence or if I'm generally just a bit run down/stressed. I know I'm not sleeping well and have a lot on with the wedding etc. I just wondered if anyone had any tips on anything I can do (apart from be less stressed!)/take/eat to help fight it all?

10 replies

Latest activity by Ohwhatatuesday, 7 of May of 2014 at 07:49
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Rest, fluids, lots of fresh fruit and veg and a multi-vit?

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Echo this^^^^ avoid alcohol and fatty, starchy foods and salty they make you feel bloated.

try Bachs rescue remedy, kalms, lavender rubbed on to your temples when you go to bed or on your pillow.

if you're stressing, set yourself a to do list and plan the order and priority of things and do them in order of time and priority.

take some time out too, go for a walk in the sunshine. Hope this helps.

good luck x

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, I've upped the fruit&veg and started taking vit c (though I don't know if it really does anything), I just wondered if I was missing anything that might help. Cheers

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

If you aren't sleeping very well have you tried removing anything like a TV/laptop/phone from the bedroom? I was terrible for using my laptop in bed and have been sleeping so much better since I stopped. It sounds like it is most like pre wedding stress though. Have you been able to have any 'you time'? Go for a walk, read a book, anything that isn't wedding focused, just for an hour or so each day to give you time to recharge.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All of this would be good. Mr Erin and l are prone to mouth ulcers and we tend to get them when we have been stressed and / or generally over doing things.

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

I've got a bloody great big ulcer at the mo so I feel your pain,..literally! I also break out when I'm stressed - I've completely picked the wrong career.

ice cubes are good for numbing the pain. Bonjela just tastes yuk and I can never get it where it's supposed to be!

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all - ulcers are getting better so seems to be ok. I know I need rest/relaxation so trying to calm things down where I can. I always get ulcers and spots when I'm tired and stressed so I guess its to be expected really! Jem j - thanks, I dont often eat wheat anyway because I have other problems with it so I think it's just because of lack of sleep run/down. I'm eating a ton of fruit & veg though!

• MrsToffee
    Expert April 2015
    MrsToffee ·
    • Hide content

Corsodyl mouthwash is brilliant for ulcers; I had a bottle of it for when I had a bleeding gum but had an ulcer recently, just happened to look at the bottle and it said it was suitable for ulcers, used it once and it's nearly cleared up within 24 hours!

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

Iv been taking Metatone along with Vitamin C for the past couple of months. Its a tonic you take to build you up when you have been ill but iv been taking it to prevent illness and coldsores as I always get them when run down or stressed.

Its helped loads and I had so much energy even when I had a cold a few weeks ago. You can get it from Boots or pharmacies/supermarkets and is about £4, might be worth you trying it for some much needed energy in the next few manic days Smiley smile xx

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks will try those! Mouth ulcers still going strong but there's less and the infections have cleared up so should be fine

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics