Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HappyYellowBridesmaid10773
Beginner April 2021 North Yorkshire

April 2021 Postponing Wedding Advice

HappyYellowBridesmaid10773, 24 of January of 2021 at 16:55 Posted on Planning 0 1
Hello,

We were originally meant to get married on 04/04/20 then 06/11/20 and now it’s scheduled for 30/04/21. Fingers crossed 3rd time lucky!!!
I messaged our wedding venue just before national lockdown was announced to see if there was any option to reschedule but our venue said they were only moving weddings until the end of March. Part of me thinks that this is because we are a small wedding and paid a discounted last minute price for the venue so they are reluctant to move us to a Friday/Saturday in the future.
Just wondered if anybody else has been in touch with their venue to see if they could potentially move and what their response was?
A couple of our suppliers have been in touch to tell us that other April couples are moving their weddings and that they don’t have much availability in 2021 now.
We only want a small wedding anyway (approx 30 people) but I definitely don’t want masks, social distancing and no evening reception.
I also have people flying in for our wedding from Europe so I’m worrying that these people might not be able to make it with countries closing their borders etc.
Any advice or how you have come to an agreement with your venue would be great!
Thank you

1 replies

Latest activity by April21Bride, 24 of January of 2021 at 17:54
  • April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We are due to marry on 24th April but did speak to our venue around postponing- they were great and said they would be able to accommodate a Saturday in summer of this year (lots of brides have opted for 2022) at no extra cost. That was a discussion but feel confident that if we had to postpone we could.

We will take a view mid February re reception etc but if we can get legally married we will.

Good luck with your decisions x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics