Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner May 2016

Aqua beads for table decorations?

GiddyPig1987, 31 of January of 2015 at 20:57 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi everyone

I just wondered has anyone used Aqua beads in their table decorations, do they look nice? cheap? any examples anyone has?

Laura

4 replies

Latest activity by CrazyRatLady, 2 of February of 2015 at 16:33
  • I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean those things you put in water and they swell up, like a replacement for water in vases of flowers? If so, my stepmum wants me to use them in vases for our ceremony but I haven't made my mind up yet. I ideally wanted navy blue pebbles to match our colour scheme and the water ball things (aqua beads?) only come in a normal blue so not dark enough.

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

Im using them

We are having a fishbowl on top of a mirror plate with clear aqua beads and a fake flower on top with scattered crystals around - I did a mock up and it looked ok - didn't want to spend a fortune on centrepieces so this was perfect.... whether the guests will say it looks cheap I don't know haha

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

I don't think we will find a use for them but I did have a listing saved on ebay for a pack for 99p - have a look on there for cheap ones.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking of using these instead of water in the miniature garden I'm doing for one of our centerpieces.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely, as long as they are activated in time! I used them at my first wedding. They needed 8 hours to fully 'inflate', so I phoned the venue first thing and asked them to add the water, they said they would...they didn't. They added water about 10 mins before the meal, so all we had in our centrepieces was half an inch of black smoosh in a vase!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics