Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Savvy September 2025 Hertfordshire

Are Hitched vendors Legit? And Vetted by Hitched?

Victoria, 20 of August of 2024 at 14:33 Posted on Planning 0 15
Are the vendors at Hitched vetted by the platform? I really like a vendor I found on Hitched but it has no online presence and no reviews. How can I know it is legit and not a scam?

15 replies

Latest activity by Victoria, 23 of August of 2024 at 13:20
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!!! 🙏🏻
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my! Thank you so much. The supplier doesn’t have any presence at all online. Nothing and no social media. I asked for references and not possible either. That’s why I feel a huge red flag. Although the lady is super nice and lovely. But I don’t want to trust a person with just a Hitched listing with no reviews, no references, no social media, nothing at all.
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • A
    Pakistan
    Addie ·
    • Hide content

Hey Victoria! It's a smart move to check vendor legitimacy on Hitched. While Hitched doesn't necessarily vet every vendor itself, here are a few ways to ease your mind:

• Ask Hitched for info: Contact Hitched directly and see if they have any additional info on the vendor, like past customer experiences.
    • Search social media: Look for the vendor's name or website on Facebook, Instagram, or other platforms. Reviews or recommendations there can be a good sign.
    • Check with local businesses: If it's a local vendor (e.g., photographer, florist), see if other wedding businesses in the area recommend them.

Hope that helps!

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi! Yes absolutely! Thank you very much for your recommendations! I have been thinking the same, and this specific vendor has nothing. No reviews, I asked for references and she couldn’t provide any, and no social media at all. The lady is so nice and engaging and I really liked her, but I fear that there’s no trace or any digital presence. So I’m hiring another vendor.
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do not know what the supplier is or who they are but there is a facebook wedding scam page full of dodgy suppliers that are very good at being super nice Smiley sexy

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you very much! I’m suspicious and even though I found the lady so nice, I’m hiring another vendor. I really appreciate the feedback! Thank you!
    • Hide content

Can you tell us what is was that she was supplying

• Hide content
    View quoted message

Then that begs the question what references did hitched use in order to give her a listing.

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    On the Day Coordination. That’s why I have been so diligent checking the vendor.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    She has website in construction and she sent me a pdf with some pictures and kind words from few events. But that’s not enough. It could be forged 🙈. I feel so bad mistrusting because she was so lovely. But I prefer to go with a supplier with references.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are very wise - I'd be super-suspicious of any wedding business that doesn't have an online presence - even if you are waiting for someone to set up a website for you, you should have some kind of social media presence. It's ok if a hobby business, like our local antique and bric-a-brac shop that only opens when the owner feels like it, doesn't have an internet presence, but for any business that needs to provide a specific service on a specific, important date...HUGE red flag.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

(And as Bill says, scammers are very capable of being 'super nice' - it's their key skill - so her niceness is no guarantee she's legit)

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes you are absolutely right. Thank you very much!!!
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! That’s what I thought!!!! And if you are just beginning, or something like that, you create at least an Instagram with pictures of your mood board! Or pictures of the family parties you have helped in.
  • Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes I have been thinking about it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics