Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2013

Are Lelli Kelly £33 Shoes Too Expensive for Bridesmaids

aliciadavison, 4 July, 2012 at 16:20 Posted on Planning 0 14

OK, so my sister and I have had an argument. I currently have 3 bridesmaids all under 8, one my sisters and 2 my brothers. Call me OCD but I want all the bridesmaids to look identical. I love Lelli Kelly School Dolly Shoes that I've seen from Cloggs.co.uk. At £32.99 they are quite pricy. They fit the bridesmaid dresses perfectly.

My sister has argued that they are a ridiculous amount of money to spend on young kids.I know they will grow out of them pretty quick and it seems a waste of money, but am I wrong to want the three girls to look perfect. I only plan to get married once and want to do it in style. I have the budget for it.

What do you reckon?

14 replies

Latest activity by ~Lee~, 5 July, 2012 at 20:50
  • M
    Beginner August 2013
    Munstermad ·
    • Hide content

Hi Alicia

Personally I think if you have the budget and want to spend it on these shoes then go for it, it's your wedding and your choice. I could understand the concern if you couldn't afford it or wanted their parents to pay but presume they will be glad to have a nice pair of good shoes for their girls?

And while they will grow out of them quickly, if they are "girly girls" they will wear them out first, I still remember the shoes I had on the 2 occasions I was a FG. I may have never had the chance to wear a dress again (not a bad thing where the peach taffeta number was concerned) but I certainly wore my shoes and lacy socks at every opportunity!

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Your money, your choice.

If OTOH you are asking the parents to spend the money, then yes it is quite expensive. But if you are paying for them, your sister is moaning for no good reason.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

If you have the budget and you like them I don't see the problem. It would be different if you were asking them to pay but if its your money, i say go for it. And aren't most things for kids expensive as they will grow out of it all eventually?

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

If you want them buy them. I honestly don't see the problem here?

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content

So, do you work for Lelli Kelly or Cloggs?

Either way, I think they are hiddeous ugly expensive shoes.... ?

• pinkfrost
    Beginner June 2014
    pinkfrost ·
    • Hide content

If uve budgeted for it, i would! But if ur sisters guna be ungrateful, buy some |£10 pairs & use the leftovers to treat urself to something nice Smiley winking xx

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I had a look - love the sparkle ones but the ones you have picked are plain black so I agree with your sister!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

I don't see the problem with spending £33 on BMs shoes, whenever I have to buy the girls their shoes they're aorund the £30 mark as are normally clarks. For party shoes though I tend to just get some from the high street as they don't wear them so often.

Those shoes would be great value really if they were for your own kids seeing as they could then use them as school shoes afterwards! If it's just plain patent shoes you want for them there are definitely cheaper and prettier ones out there. Some of the sparkly Lelli Kelly shoes are well worth the money IMO.

• MonaLisaBrideToBe
    Beginner June 2012
    MonaLisaBrideToBe ·
    • Hide content

If you want them and have budgeted them in then go for it! Its your wedding and I am sure they can all wear them more than once!

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all, my daughter (6) wore her bridesmaid shoes till they where pretty much black and making her toes bleed! She loved them and tried to wear them everywhere so I can vouch that if you spend the money they will get good use (providing the parents let them!)

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

? ?

Exactly this.

• Rusty the Clown
    Rusty the Clown ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha! So glad someone agrees with me ER. Was starting to think I was being mean! ?

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I also have to say black shoes don't strike me as very weddingy, and I'm not sure there's anything special about them that you couldn't get elsewhere for cheaper, but if it's what you want and you're paying then surely its your choice.

• ~Lee~
    Beginner October 2012
    ~Lee~ ·
    • Hide content

I suspect this is a spam post. Those shoes are UGLY!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics