Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2019

Are people getting annoyed with all my wedding talk?

LuxuriousBrownDecor71969, 31 of March of 2018 at 18:12 Posted on Planning 0 1

I recently decided it was the right time for me and my partner to get married. We've been together 5years at the end of the year and have been engaged for just over 2 years so decided yeah let's do it. So i'm super excited about it and all the little details but whenever I talk to my work friends it feels like that don't care as much as me. Is it just me being silly or shall I not bore them with little details.

Any advice from other brides to be?

1 replies

Latest activity by HappyBlueCars582, 9 of April of 2018 at 17:40
  • H
    Expert September 2019
    Have_you_met_Mrs_Jones2019 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry, just spotted this!

In all honesty, yes, they possibly are! Don't feel bad about it though, you're allowed to be excited! I've been banging on about mine in work non-stop since I got engaged in Feb, to the point where the guy who I work with (who has also given his opinion on the venue, bridesmaid dresses and my shoes lol!) has said he feels more invested in my wedding than in his friend's!

I'm trying to keep the talk down a little bit, and save it for my bridesmaids, mums' and fiance, but hell, I'm excited and why shouldn't I show it! I'm sure it'll all die down a bit once you've got the big things organised, but the initial bit of planning is so much fun, it's natural to express this.

Just make sure you can't be disciplined for not doing your work, if people are getting a bit antsy, maybe save the chat for teabreak Smiley smile

Enjoy yourself!

• H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Maybe try to talk about it less to your work friends and let them ask you if they're interested and ask them about what's going on in their lives.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics