Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2015

Are there any Bride-to-be's in The New Forest/ Southampton area??

Jelly_Tots, 7 of August of 2012 at 17:19 Posted on Planning 0 7

Just wondering if you have any advice regarding, florists, cars, venues ect.

Thanks ❤️

7 replies

Latest activity by Jelly_Tots, 9 of August of 2012 at 19:11
  • rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

My cousin got married at Southampton football ground then had the reception on The Princess Caroline and used Tiger Lily in Bittern Triangle for the flowers, as for TOG and cars these where provided by friends of there's so cant help you there im afraid. Good luck x

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

I'm an old married now but live in Shirley, Southampton although we got married in Bournemouth.

I don't think our florist is trading anymore but I would really recommend my local florist in Shirley. They are lovely and their shop always looks beautiful. https://scentsofoccasion.co.uk/

For photography, we used Murakami Photography. A few of my friends who got married in Southampton used them too.

If you need recs for nails etc. Lauren Breen Bio Sculpture Gel Nails mobile nail technician based in Totton, Southampton (****) is fantastic or if you prefer Shellacs Karen Everley is on *********@*******.***

Venue wise, I guess it depends on budget, numbers, whether you want something small and intimate or grand, marquee etc but I have been to weddings at Balmer Lawn, New Forest Park Hotel, Careys Manor, Parley Manor, Elmers Court, Bartley Lodge, Forest Lodge, marquee at Calmore Cricket Club umm there are more!

Dresses - I went to a lot of dress shops and some aren't trading now but I would really recommend Brides 2 Bee of Warsash.

Tiaras/Jewellery - I could help with that! www.louloubelle.co.uk

HTH

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

Yay another Southampton bride!

Firstly, I can throughly recommend Lisa for jewellery/tiaras etc. She made my bridesmaid jewellery and it was really lovely. Much more sparkly in real life.

We got married last month at our local church in Freemantle. We had the reception at the Rose Bowl and I couldn't fault them. They did a bespoke afternoon tea menu for us that we had lots of great feedback about. They had no complaints about anything we asked for.

We got chair covers from the chairdresser. She had a really wide range of colours and offered to source a different colour if she didn't have one that was quite right.

I got my flowers from The Flower Shop, the Chandlers Ford branch. They were stunning. I just gave them some photos and my budget and they worked wonders. I paid £60 for my bouquet and £30 for the bridesmaid ones. They also delivered to 3 different places for no extra cost.

We had cars from Hampshire Executive Travel. They gave us a free upgrade to an S class, possibly because of the terrible weather and they felt sorry for us.

We got our cake from Mandy at Elmsleigh Cakes and it was fab. The carrot cake was unbelievable. http://www.elmsleighcakes.co.uk

I hired our sweet buffet from Sweetpea and Pearls. http://www.sweetpeapearls.com/ They also do centrepiece hire and on the day styling.

I can't seem to flash anything, but look out for my report(when I get round to doing it) for photos.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I got married in Gosport (dont judge me) and have alot of suplliers who cover all areas along the South Coast. Just need to google them and find out!

Cars- we used Dorset Dubhire- they use vontage VW Camper vans are are beautiful.

• zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

I don't know if you have a dress sorted yet, but I lived in Southampton in Bedford Place for three years, and I used to walk past Shay Harris Bridal Lounge there everyday and it has STUNNING gowns. x

• hannahlock4
    Beginner January 2013
    hannahlock4 ·
    • Hide content

Hellooo from another Southamptoner ?

I'm getting married at Careys Manor in Brock - it's realllyyy pretty & they do some good wedding packages as well. How are your plans coming along so far?

x

• Carpe Diem
    Beginner
    Carpe Diem ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I am a fellow New forester! Although I am already married, we got married at the civic centre on the balcony inside, which is gorgeous! We had our reception at southampton park hotel which is simple and very good value for money. Was a lovely day but we are renewing our vows in 2015 and hoping to do it at Highcliffe Castle. I would be interested in any reccomendations too!

Kelly xx

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    Jelly_Tots ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your responses Smiley smile

Plans are coming along quite well, we've found a venue in Lyndhurst The Crown Hotel as its lovely inside and suits our budget perfectly! they also include flowers and a dj so thats sorted too. Smiley smile I've decided to make our wedding invitations myself as its a bit more personal and so much cheaper! My OH's friends dad owns a wedding car company so we are using them ( Exbury Cars ). Thinking about hiring a photobooth as they look quite fun, will be a laugh looking at the photos after. I've seen so many hair styles i want, so going to have to have a few practice runs with that haha, and need to try on 1000's of dresses as i have large boobs and know this is going to be a problem Smiley sad Im soo excited and cant wait to start buying things and actually get married! Smiley laugh xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics