Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Evil Yoda
Beginner June 2005

Are there any hair straighteners as good as GHDs but cheaper?

Evil Yoda, 8 of July of 2009 at 20:37 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 17

I fear that my GHDs are dying and I really can't afford to spend nearly £100 on a new pair. Can anyone recommend some hair straighteners that are as good but cheaper? Do such things exist?!

17 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveYellowHair53904, 4 of May of 2020 at 09:06
  • Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I have fine hair but lots of it. It is straight but will be frizzy without straightening and if I chuck some mousse on it and scrunch it it can be curly from root to tip.

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I think I'll pop and get them tomorrow. Thanks the recommendation ?. I wish my american hair straighteners worked over here as they are better than my GHD's and only cost about $30!!

I too sometimes clamp my ears ?

• mrs.allym
    Beginner
    mrs.allym ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4425007/Trail/searchtext%3EBABYLISS+PRO.htm

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

Blimey, they're cheap ally. How're they different to the ones Mildred posted?

• Taffie
    Beginner July 2007
    Taffie ·
    • Hide content

I used to have a great pair of ceramic Kodos. I only got rid of them because I started keeping my hair short.

• Evil Yoda
    Beginner June 2005
    Evil Yoda ·
    • Hide content

I've just ordered some of the pro elegance ones from Amazon. The reviews are fab.

Thanks for all your replies.

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

I've never tried GHD's but do use Tresemme straighteners which I picked up in Boots using my advantage card points. I find them really good, they heat up very quickly, have a good long lead and a digital display to choose your temperature setting to.

• Daydreamer
    Beginner
    Daydreamer ·
    • Hide content

Yrp, I am also a big fan of the pro-elegance Babyliss straighteners, they are great! My sister uses GHDs but when she tried mine, she said she might get these ones next time!

• tahiti
    tahiti ·
    • Hide content

Another fan of the pro-elegance ones here, I really rate them. Got a bargain too, as I bought them when they were £20 off in Argos, and had a £25 Argos voucher I got for an old mobile from Envirophone!

They are quick to heat up and the storage bag is handy too.

• P
    Beginner May 2015
    pmegan ·
    • Hide content

Definitely Karmin.

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

Any reason you've replied to an ancient thread about hair straighteners? ?

• L
    LuxuriousBrownCars509 ·
    • Hide content

I tested some steampods from loreal in a local store but I cannot find them online! I would highly recommend them.

Any ideas?

UPDATE:

I found them here Smiley smile

http://www.justmylook.co.uk/loreal-professionnel-steam-pod-2-0-hair-straightener-p7137

• E
    ExpensiveBlueCakes508 ·
    • Hide content

Get a Karmin!!?

• E
    Beginner May 2021
    ExpensiveYellowHair53904 ·
    • Hide content

For me the best brand of hair straighteners is GHD but if I had to choose another one I would stay with Remington because of its ironing quality and durability. Currently you can find them at very good prices. I recommend you to look at this guide about the best iron flat. It helped me a lot to choose one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics