Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2013

Are there any Pronovias 'Urbina' brides to be out there?

elaine4601, 17 January, 2013 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi guys,

I'm wondering whether there are any other brides to be out there, that are either considering the Urbina dress or have already brought it?

The reason I ask is because absolutely love this dress, but the one the shop had in stock was a few sizes too big and so i wondered how the neckline and waistband usually sits when this is all fitted and measure up. Unfortunately i'm finding it hard to compare myself to the 6ft plus model in the official pics! ?

Thank you ladies!

xx

9 replies

Latest activity by elaine4601, 14 February, 2013 at 12:39
  • Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I haven't seen it I'm afraid, just wanted to say it looks gorgeous in the pic!

• _
    Beginner June 2013
    _lillyb_ ·
    • Hide content

I have bought the Urbina for my wedding in June & I love it!!! I haven't any photos of me in it yet as I am waiting for it to arrive in the store, but its so flattering on. The pleats going into the waistband & out again makes the waist look tiny. I'm currently a UK size 12 although will prob be a 10 by the time I have alterations, so the waist would look smaller again! I am 5ft8" with an hourglass figure & a DD cup bust. There is plenty of support in the bodice for you not to have to wear a bra if that was a concern at all, however on me, the lace panel on the chest sits higher than I want it, so am having it altered so there is a slightly lower V neck to modernise it a little. If you are of a smaller bust though, I'm sure this would not be an issue.

If you go on WeddingBees website there is also a bride on there wearing Urbina whose post I have commented on & she has posted a pic of herself in the dress. She is shorter than me & looks to be a more petite frame & looks just as gorgeous in it!

I bought the dress after falling in love with JP's Aspen, as the Aspen needed to be worn by a small chested bride, but in all honesty, when I tried the two on at the same time, the Urbina looked miles better! A longer train, a more pleated waist area creating a slimmer figure & far more structure in the top keeping you in place but still comfortable.

Highly recommend this dress!!! Xx

• T
    Beginner April 2014
    thedade ·
    • Hide content

Lilly_B

That information has just helped me massively! Like you I have fallen in love with JP Aspen. Like you I am also 5ft 8ins and a size 12 (but hopefully a 10 by my wedding date!) and with a larger bust. I have just discovered Urbina which looks similar and will definitely be trying it on now following your advice. Can I ask how much you paid? One of the reasons I am put off by Aspen is the large price tag!

Stacey x

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    elaine4601 ·
    • Hide content

Lilly_B thanks so much for your reply, it helped massively!

I went back to the shop yesterday and made the purchase, haven't stopped smiling since! Just trying it on again made me realise how much I loved this dress, nothing else came close. Just can't wait until its ready for me in May/Jun to try on again!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Xx

• _
    Beginner June 2013
    _lillyb_ ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad I have been a help!

Stacey, I paid approx £1800 which is a huge difference to the Aspen! Well worth going to look at & try on. There is a drape on the back of the dress which I am having removed, so you can make it look even more similar to the dress again!

Elaine I'm so glad you bought the dress!! You will feel so nice on the day! I am waiting for mine to arrive in the shop still to start the alterations etc, but have just picked up a headband I'd had made to go with it! Everything is coming together slowly! I'm not sure where you are both based but I got the headpiece from a place called Rocks for Frocks... You should have a look on their website!! Some fab pieces, she was able to custom make me a piece though & has also sold me some extra stones to have added onto the belt to tie the 2 things together.

Good look with all the planning!!!

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    elaine4601 ·
    • Hide content

Fab website Lilly, thanks so much for sending!

Are you having a veil at all? I initially thought not as I didn't want to cover up the back, however the more I think about it the more I am not so sure as you can take it off later. I always manage to confuse myself when I start thinking about stuff!!

X

• _
    Beginner June 2013
    _lillyb_ ·
    • Hide content

I hadn't been able to decide on a veil either at first but I have decided not to have one now. I have taken inspiration from some brides I have seen in some JP dresses, as they are similar shaped gowns with lace backs, and they look so pretty without. Also my hair will be down with the head piece on, I think a veil may then be a little too much for me Xx

• _
    Beginner June 2013
    _lillyb_ ·
    • Hide content

• _
    Beginner June 2013
    _lillyb_ ·
    • Hide content

That 3rd pic is our Urbina I found! Here are one or two more of it;

• E
    Beginner September 2013
    elaine4601 ·
    • Hide content

Lilly, all I can say is WOW! Those pics are stunning ❤️ and I think you've made me love the dress even more than I did previously!

....and most of all, I am mega impressed with your super sleuth skills of tracking down these pics, I obviously have been going wrong somewhere! ?

Originally I was convinced of having my hair up but now after seeing those, I'm even more confused (but gladly so) about what to do with hair and accessories, although i'm glad it opens up more possibilities.

Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics