Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

raincloud
Beginner August 2011

Are there different types of wedding dress hoops?

raincloud, 30 September, 2010 at 18:19 Posted on Planning 0 4

Kind of a silly question but I am planning to buy one from e-bay and I just wondered if you need a certain type or shape or if any kind will do. Thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by overtherainbow, 1 October, 2010 at 06:20
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Do you mean the petticoats with the hoops threaded in? There were two kinds at the wedding shop where I got my daughter's from - one sort of standard and not too sticky out and a double one which she recommended for cinderella type skirted gowns. The double one looked much better with the dress than the single. They were £45 new if hat helps.

• raincloud
    Beginner August 2011
    raincloud ·
    • Hide content

Yes, thats what I mean. Some shops had me try dresses with them, others didn't but I prefer the shape with them and it felt cooler on my legs and as its a summer wedding I don't want to get too hot. Not tried double ones but my skirt is fairly big so maybe one of those would be better. Thank RF !!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

try ebay! I got one that is a layered netty one that doesnt actually have a hoop in it...which is much easier packed! I got it from impression bridal on ebay and it was about £20 i think. You do kinda get what you pay for, but as its underneath and no-one sees it, I thought i wouldn't spend big money on it. I (well mum) replaced the drawstring waistband that came on it with elastic and it does the job perfectly! My friend (BM) got married last year and she paid £30 to hire hers. She couldnt believe I bought one for less, and bought as good as she hired.

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

There is a hooped 1 that has got a back on it so if you have a trall it makes it flow out more and look really nice on heres a pic of the back of mine with 1 on

this is the hoop

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Alex found that she could walk better wearing the double rather than the single. Plus, it just lifted the hem up slightly so it was exactly the right length so no need for expensive alterations. Some of the shops we looked at for dresses loaned you the underskirt free but they all looked a bit grubby to be honest and although Alex wasn't bothered because no-one would see it, her dress is a vanilla coloured one and the underskirts they had were white (or were once white LOL!) and I thought that it might show when she lifted her gown up to walk down the stairs at the venue or if the photographer did one of those shots with the guys picking the Bride up and laying her across their arms. I bought her an ivory one which matches better than the white ones did. The double ones were only £5 extra to the single ones so worth it for the better fit we thought!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics