Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner June 2015

Are these lyrics appropriate for a first dance!?

LuxuriousBrownConfetti8, 5 of May of 2015 at 16:18 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi! I've been lurking around for about 2 years but haven't actually posted! Now that our wedding is next month I have a feeling I'm going to start needing your help/advice!

Me and the OH are struggling with first dance choices, we really liked Ed Sheeran Thinking out loud when it first came out but now I think it's too common and will be expected by the guests. We both love a song by Kwabs called perfect ruin and then he suggested the other day that it could be our first dance song. But you know when you listen to a song and don't really take notice completely of the lyrics. So, I googled them, and I can't really work out their meaning! Wether it's a song about love being ruined or not!

It says "I saw you walk the wire, I watched you burn away" which to me doesn't sound very first dance appropriate!

But then it says "and somehow it moved me, your love has powers over me, oh what dream is this, somehow it towers over me" which sounds lovely!

Could someone please have a listen for me on you tube and let me know what you think the meaning is! I'm not very good at interpreting songs!

Thank you Smiley smile

3 replies

Latest activity by JSuitsVox, 5 of May of 2015 at 21:12
  • Calella
    Beginner August 2016
    Calella ·
    • Hide content

If you both love it and it means something to you, I say go for it!

Stuff the lyrics, I doubt many people will be focusing on the words!

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

There are loads of popular first dance songs that don't have the most appropriate of lyrics- but the words aren't the be all and end all ?

Guests will be more focused on you and your OH than the words of the song i'd have thought. Plus, if it means something to you both that's far more important I think. Go for it!

• kelly17687
    Beginner May 2016
    kelly17687 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I didn't know the song but I've just had a look on YouTube and it's lovely! Don't worry about that one line, nobody will pick up on it. xx

• JSuitsVox
    JSuitsVox ·
    • Hide content

Those lyrics are quite ambiguous and I'm sure if you asked 10 people they'd tell you 10 different interpretations, if you like the song go for it!

kudos for choosing something not in the mainstream too, although the Ed Sheeran one is verrry popular this year

Congrats and Good Luck

j

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics