Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stubbersgetswed!
Beginner November 2014

Are wedding favours a waste of money?

Stubbersgetswed!, 1 of April of 2014 at 13:26

Posted on Planning 37

Hi ladies, I'm fairly new here, so apologies if this thread has already been discussed a million times and I've just not found it! We were thinking of having wedding favours of a photoframe (plain, black wooden ones, about postcard size) per guest, with a photograph of each guest in it, which will...

Hi ladies,

I'm fairly new here, so apologies if this thread has already been discussed a million times and I've just not found it!

We were thinking of having wedding favours of a photoframe (plain, black wooden ones, about postcard size) per guest, with a photograph of each guest in it, which will also act as their place card as it will be in their spot on the tables. Our venue doesn't allow anything edible or alcoholic for favours, so that rules out sweets etc, and we wanted to give something to people that they could keep.

However, I've been thinking about weddings I've been to and the favours I've appreciated, and I have to say that anything that can't fit into my handbag has mostly been a waste of time because loads of people forget to pick them up off the tables at the end of the night!

What are your thoughts on this? Are we wasting our money and time if we buy 122 photoframes? Are favours a bit out of fashion nowadays?

Any other suggestions are massively welcome!!

Thank you all x

37 replies

• R
    Beginner April 2014
    reversehalo ·
    • Hide content

I'm making pixel heart biscuits, which goes with one of the themes of our wedding (yes, we couldn't choose), and because I'm used to baking for my family and friends and it would feel weird not to be making anything! I might regret this next week when I'm up at 2am staring at the oven mind ?

• H
    Beginner July 2016
    HeavyMetalMaiden ·
    • Hide content

Haha reversehalo that's a cool idea! I remember making chocolate truffles as xmas pressies, ended up making 300 of the buggers and was up until the small hours xmas eve making them! Couldn't eat chocolate for weeks after that.... hahaha!

• J
    Beginner May 2014
    Jes22 ·
    • Hide content

I have done little bath bombs, got 100 of eBay for £18 and I'm putting 4 in a little box. I wanted something different and they smell Devine. Men are getting a scratch card as don't think they'll appreciate a bath bomb lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics