Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

cinnamon009
Beginner December 2014

Are you feeding your suppliers?

cinnamon009, 17 of October of 2014 at 17:28 Posted on Planning 0 17

As our venue is in a small village so not close to anywhere our suppliers could go we have paid for supplier meals for them on the day - a two course meal from the same selection as our guests. We have 2 TOGs, 2 VOGs and a wedding singer.

When I emailed them for their choices, they all expressed surprise and were grateful that I had thought of them. I didn't think I was doing anything special - clearly I'm paying them I just thought it was the right thing to do. Which made me wonder - what have others done re their suppliers who are there for the whole day? And what did any OM's do for theirs?

17 replies

Latest activity by thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk, 20 of October of 2014 at 15:21
  • E
    Beginner May 2015
    Em1986 ·
    • Hide content

Hello - I think its lovely to do that!

I, like you think it should be the way and actually some suppliers have that in their terms and conditions that you have to feed and water them.

We are having a hog roast so are just catering for them via the hog roast....they wont neccesarily have anywhere to sit in terms of the wedding party but we have a marquee with extra space so they can eat in there...

We have 2 videographers, 2 photographers, a caricaturist, and a toastmaster that will attend the whole day or atleast up until 7-8pm so we will be feeding them all.

We are also inviting the choir, bell ringers, organist and vicar back for drinks and canapes ... its a village wedding and I think its a little more like that when its a village to get people involved. ?

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

You got more suppliers than guests !!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few links to past posts on the subject

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/436128.aspx?PageIndex=2
    https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/422084/3499986.aspx#3499986
    https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/p/425118/3511359.aspx#3511359
  • MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

I think we are going to feed the suppliers that will be with us all day. So the photographer & videographer. Thats it tho! The singer is only going to be there for a couple of hours. Not going to feed them the 3 course wedding breakfast tho, our venue does a mini meal for suppliers x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're feeding everyone who'll be around when food is served. One of our big priorities for the wedding is making sure everyone is well fed and watered. I'm definitely a bit of a feeder so there's no way I could not extend this to our suppliers as well. ?

• CBeckford
    Rockstar July 2015
    CBeckford ·
    • Hide content

We'll be feeding out photographer and our band. No one leaves our parties hungry, that's how both our families are Smiley smile

x

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

We're not having a sit down meal so will just be inviting our supplies to have something when the hog roast opens. I imagine the photographer, videographers and celebrant will eat.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    McHelenz ·
    • Hide content

We're having afternoon tea and going to make sure theres some for the photographers. However they are travelling far for us and have been really understanding as i've had some issues recently which i haven't been able to give them their deposit straight away x

• M
    Beginner March 2015
    MrsF2Bee ·
    • Hide content

We are feeding our TOG & VOG, for our VOG it was in their contract we had to feed them

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Our 2 togs are having food- but they are both friends. Every other wedding I've been to the TOG has been provided with a meal but not choice and away from guests. We are feeding the band at the evening buffet, which they expected (it was in their T&Cs but we would have done it anyway).

• RoseArcana
    RoseArcana ·
    • Hide content

Our tog is a family friend (professional) so he has a seat with his family for the wedding breakfast and our VOG had it in his T&C's that he wanted feeding and tea supplied which is fine because he's doing us a fab deal.

• M
    mikeyt ·
    • Hide content

As a photographer it's fantastic when we get fed - thank you! it's lovely when we get invited to join a table of guests, but honestly I'd rather be in a corner away from everyone so I can check through my memory cards, switch batteries, phone the wife and mentally recharge.

we're working hard for you all day, and probably havent sat down or put our bags down for more than about 2 minutes since 10am.. you're going to get much better photos of the evening event if we can have 30 minutes with some decent food and a coffee! the sandwiches we bought from the garage on the way to the wedding that've been sitting in the car for 8 hours just arent quite the same...

(balls, this hasnt come from my photographers account.. I'll try and fix it!)

• E
    Beginner June 2015
    EXCITEDBRIDE15:) ·
    • Hide content

I was struggling with this, I will feed mine as they are there all day but without being mean I do not really have a table where they could fit on to, rough table plan all tables are basically full and obviously wouldn't want to split them up, do you think they would be offended if I paid for a meal of their choice at the hotel restaurant or something like that, I do not want to seem rude its not that I do not want them sitting with the guests, just not sure if they are going to fit! Anyone do this sort of thing?

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would have thought they would like this- it gives them a proper break.

• NorthSouthGirl
    Beginner November 2014
    NorthSouthGirl ·
    • Hide content

We're not giving them the full wedding breakfast as both our TOGS and VOGS have said they will be taking images/filming and editing during our meal at various points, however we have offered to pay for any meal they order from the bar menu instead and they're both really happy with this offer.

• thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk
    thespectrumband@hotmail.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

The last vintage style wedding we played at had an amazing Thai meal for all guests. We were factored in with the guests however we ate our food away from the guests (our preferred option).

If you have a band/dj arrive after your wedding breakfast an invite to your buffet/evening food goes a long way. Smiley winking

James

The Spectrum

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics