Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Random Name

Are you making your own centrepieces? Care to flash?

Random Name, 21 February, 2011 at 19:14 Posted on Planning 0 18

I have a large family as such our wedding is going to be big. We will probably end up with 15 tables. This is going to work out expensive if I buy flower centerpieces.

Have decided that on the head table we are going to have Mr & Mrs with our surname as well. Will get these from ebay then paint etc

I am thinking about making the other centrepieces myself (well with the help of Mum and Sister probably) can anyone recommend anything cheap and easy to make? I'm not sure about having candles as there will be children on the tables.

Any help or flashes would be great

Thanks

18 replies

Latest activity by ClaireG85, 22 February, 2011 at 13:20
  • tinkerbelly1983
    Beginner October 2011
    tinkerbelly1983 ·
    • Hide content

We are currently collecting jam jars for our centrepieces. Although we are having some with flowers, the majority will be candles. It looks so pretty and we are saving tons by not hiring vases or candle holders. We are getting married in a barn though so depends on your venue as to what will suit I suppose.

What type of venue do you have?

You could always use the battery powered tealight candles if you didn't want flames near the kiddies. They look brilliant in glass holders

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content

I'm making ours but with the help of my family friend who did a course in floristry. We are hoping to have one of these depending on price-

My favourite of the two.

I will be having candles at ours. On the children's table I have bought vases from Ikea and will fill them with foiled pink and silver mini chocolate eggs- no candles on there as they have colouring books in their gift pack!

I also thought about the fishbowl vases filled with water (water dyed pink) and 3 ivory floating candles, but had money left in the budget for something a bit more. We bought the vases from Argos for about £8 each and I am hiring the mirrors for £2 each. Candles will be cheap enough too and tealight holders from IKEA.

I just googled for inspiration when I started planning and found quite a few pics of DIY table centrepieces.

• stripeyrache
    Beginner February 2011
    stripeyrache ·
    • Hide content

If you had hurricane vases, the vase would rise up much higher than the flame.

Do you have any sort of theme or colour scheme you're working to?

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I bet that will look so pretty!

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohh I love this one. These are the kinf od flowers I want in my bouquet but red.

Our recpetion is in a hotel and the colour scheme is red and white or ivory

• W
    Beginner
    WhiteSparkles ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well apparently gerberas will be much cheaper and easier to do than the orchids. I'm reconsidering my bouquet too as originally thought of having pink and ivory roses but if these are on the tables, might be nice to add in my bouquet!

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content

i have made my centerpieces, costing me a total of £45.. the vases will have red jelly water in and at night, the roses from the bowls will be removed and red LEDs put in Smiley smile x

• M and M
    Rockstar August 2025 West Midlands
    M and M ·
    • Hide content

MrsKeating2b these are fab! Can I ask where you got everythig from to make these as ive been looking for something like this for ages now x

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yes of course, i got them from a florist wholesalers called country baskets which is in leeds area. x

• Fcerrino
    Beginner May 2011
    Fcerrino ·
    • Hide content

15 tables! thats huge!!!

I'm going down the feathers route rather than flowers, its my general theme. so have got 3 ostritch plumes incream glitter gold sprayed in a narrow vase for easy center piece and cheap.

like so except not pink!

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Mrs Keating2B - how did you get a membership for Country Baskets - I have one near me and they have the flowers I am looking for?

• MrsKeating2B
    Beginner April 2011
    MrsKeating2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

you have to own a business hun, it doesnt have to be a relevant business just need to have proof you own one. you could find someone you know who owns one to apply but hey would have to go with you to pay when youve done ur shopping x

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's where I am going! My MOH has a membership card and she's taking me there...

• tmr1234
    Beginner June 2011
    tmr1234 ·
    • Hide content

I have made my own with the help of my mum this is them but they now have red butterflys on the pot and green curlly bits dotted about

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

TMR123 wow you're super talented. They are beautiful

• rachieb13782
    Beginner August 2011
    rachieb13782 ·
    • Hide content

These are mine, have just finished buying the bits for it!

• bls14
    Beginner September 2011
    bls14 ·
    • Hide content

We are collecting old vases and teapots from charity shops and then will fill with lavender (free from mums garden!) will look so pretty and so cheap!

we are also collecting jam jars to put tea lights in x

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

They are lovely Rachie B. Have just seen a course starts in June near me on how to make arrangements. So may attend that and get some ideas too.

Our tables are being named after European football clubs Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. Anyone have any ideas how I could maybe incorrporate this but still get an nice look?

• ClaireG85
    Beginner
    ClaireG85 ·
    • Hide content

Think i'm going to end up with 15 tables too plus the top table. I have ordered flowers for the top table but making these for all the others.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics