Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

IshouldCoco
Beginner September 2012

Are You Scared You'll/OH Will Get Drunk?

IshouldCoco, 13 of June of 2012 at 22:45 Posted on Planning 0 23

Not scared so much, as a little concerned. I tend to forget when drunk, but will find it so hard to pace myself over 10hrs+ of drinking and champagne in the car and on arrival...

Anyone else? Any OM's wanna put my mind at rest?!

23 replies

Latest activity by AmnesiaCustard, 14 of June of 2012 at 11:05
  • IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

Omg, 2/3 drinks allll day?! How did you resist and bat people off all day?

I'm even more worried now!

?

• Dana_leigh
    Beginner August 2013
    Dana_leigh ·
    • Hide content

I wont as i dont drink very much anyway...I've told my OH to stay soberish until the first dance...then he can do whatever lol I know he wont overdo it though

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

I'm gunna show him this thread I think!

?

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

to be honest I think I had 5 or 6 drinks all day, sip of fizz while getting ready, half my bucks fizz on the lawn, almost 2 glasses of wine at dinner, champs toast and 2 voddies in the evening (don't think I finished them) I spent most of the time talking and dancing - needed water. Same with OH he had a few punts but didn't finish a pint as people kept buying them. At 11 I think I was more drunk on fun than anything - cheesy!

Loo issues - I went 3 times all day. Use the disabled as there is no way 2 of you are getting in one stall. I took my sis in with me, she was great. We actually had a laugh Smiley smile

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

I am so nervous that I know I will need a few drinks, plus I come from big drinking family.

My bridesmaids have promised me they will keep me in check, but is this just more of a challenge?

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

I'm worried about this, but fingers crossed we'll be fine - most of my OM friends have said that they found that they drank a lot less than they thought they would, so hopefully we'll be OK!! We have a long drive down to Heathrow on the Sunday morning so we'd better not drink too much otherwise we'll not be able to drive and miss our flight to our honeymoon - oops!!! Well i will not drink too much just in case so at leastone of us can drive!! Plus my folks have never seen me drunk and i'd kinda like to keep it like that!!!

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

My OH has got a bad habit of turning into the 'Jaegerbomb King' whenever we go to a special occasion. He was usher to his best friend and got so drunk he spent the next day with his head stuck down the toilet etc. this was particularly annoying as we were supposed to meet the wedding party for a pub lunch and afternoon drinks to continue the celebrations. I ended up going on my own and my OH's mate (the groom) was upset he didn't make it.

We went to a ball a few weeks ago and 'The King' struck again and the next day was a write off. OH has since had a stern warning about taking it steady on our wedding day - thankfully he agreed and has suggested we ban Jaegermeister and red bull from our wedding just to be on the safe side!

We're planning to get a bit merry during the disco but not over-do it.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I'm a massive red wine and gin guzzler. I love the stuff (not together, obviously).

And I didn't get drunk. Not even close. I probably had about 6 alcoholic drinks throughout the course of the day. If you've made the decision that you'd rather not get drunk (I did) then you just won't drink as much as you normally would. I can remember every bit of the wedding and I'm so pleased I paced myself.

I can't say the same for my husband but he wasn't smashed or anything - just more drunk than me.

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

That sounds more doable to me,Sian. I'll prob drink Martini as it's like lemonade to me and if I spill it I'll be okay (hopefully!). I'm hypo glycemnic (sp) so need to eat little and often, or the booze will make me quite ill (and very pissed).

Not overly concerned about weeing issues, as if I need to go in my big dress I'll just use the bridal suite ?

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Yea I'm worried about this too, I'm worried I won't be able to eat breakfast for nerves or stress (the vain part of me won't want to eat much to ensure my stomach is flat in the photos but maybe just avoid carbs???) then drinking on an empty stomach I will want a drink to calm me nerves before the ceremony and so I feel more relaxed in the photos ... Wine and champagne also gets me drunk very quick too... I might just drink an alcoholic drink every other drink to help pace myself.

Sometimes

• Jalapeno
    Beginner October 2012
    Jalapeno ·
    • Hide content

I'm a nightmare when I drink wine, I'm normally a vodka girl, so I've been practising drinking wine for the last 6 months. I need more practise with it.....

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

I used to be worried but since he got his new car he's been driving everywhere (showing it off) and barely ever drinks anymore. He got his drink spiked at his works night out and was so ill it really put him off anything, especially as he thought he was being sensible, only having two drinks. He was sick for two days. We've talked a bit about it but we've got a bottle of Moet his parents bought us when we got engaged so we're opening that at home in the afternoon with them, then at night we're going to take it easy, as we want to do something the next day.

And I dont drink. I have some health problems and get really dizzy so alcohol makes everything worse!! Will be on coke//water all night.

We get called boring by all our friends as we are only 22 but I would hate us both to get so drunk we either don't remember the rest of the night or can't do anything the next day!!

S x

• skyrocket
    Beginner July 2012
    skyrocket ·
    • Hide content

Blimey I wish I could have a drink on my wedding day but my body doesn't produce the enzymes that break alcohol down so I can't touch the stuff or I get very very ill - Fast!

It didn't always used to be like this, I used to be a monster on a night out but my mum has this condition too and after the birth of my son 13 years ago my body just changed Smiley sad

I always had horrific hangovers though so maybe I was on my way with it before he was born but I haven't touched a drop in more than 13 years. Can't even use skin toner with alcohol in or perfume!

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I went home sober from my wedding- i drank more water than anything else- maybe i had 5-6 drinks all day and i dont think i drank most of them- the only 'drinks' i remember drinking is the 3 shots i had - your too busy mingling/dancing etc to even remember you have a drink going ? oh maybe had 3 drinks all day

• stephanieeff
    Beginner July 2014
    stephanieeff ·
    • Hide content

Having been to festivals, all day booze-a-thons, and one all inclusive holiday where the 9am-1am bar was severely taken advantage of, I'm sort of used to paced out all day drinking. It works really well when broken up with food, so I'm not too worried! The only thing that concerns me is people wanting to buy us drinks, and jagerbombs, which everyone seems to buy me and the other half on a special occasion, which can often lead to one of us sneaking off, and passing out in a bed, but hopefully if that does happen It'll be at night when all the weddingy stuff is over and everyone is busting out bad dance moves and getting just as drunk.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I drank an absolute shed load of vino but at no point did I feel drunk! Adrenaline, dancing and running around work it off! Boy was trollied by the end, in that 'Boys put their arms around each other and sing loudly to indie rock' way.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is teetotal so not worried about him (also means no loss of eyebrows at the stag), but I'm worried about me, I get a bit carried away and me with his mum once we drink can get a bit messy, all she ever says is "have another glass of fizz, it won't hurt!". Hopefully my own mum will keep me on the straight and narrow!

• anothermrsjones
    Beginner July 2012
    anothermrsjones ·
    • Hide content

My OH will get drunk. This is a fact. He and his friends love a drink and although he did get cross when more than a few of them started referring to the post ceremony bit as a "piss up" he will be getting merry. I imagine I will be the same as our reception doesnt end until 2am but it won't be night out blottoed (I hope) as like most of you I intend to remember my wedding day and not feel like death the day after!

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Exactly this! I started with bubbles at the hairdressers and I drank all day. (inc a jagerbomb or 2) Didn't feel remotely tipsy until about 11 by which point everyone else was int he same boat and dancing like idiots.

• jenningzzz
    Beginner August 2012
    jenningzzz ·
    • Hide content

Nope, we don't drink - so it won't be an issue Smiley smile

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

I had half a glass of champagne all day - with my meal. It's just a case of saying no and meaning it!

I made sure there was nice fizzy non-alc drinks at home, so I could have that while getting ready and drinking water at the reception. Did it spoil my enjoyment of the day? Of course not - but being drunk probably would.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics