Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittlePea19
Beginner June 2019

Argh Bigger Bride freak out!

LittlePea19, 5 of April of 2017 at 17:17 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3

Hi All,

Having a massive wibble today.. I'm not a skinny girl, I'm a size 20-22 on the high street and I really don't want to be a big bride... I might have been looking at to many pictures of models in wedding dresses but feeling like I have a mountain to climb to get anything off.

I don't have a wedding date yet so have time, but I'm already freaking out Smiley sad I know my partners loves me as I am I just don't want to have the horrible shopping experience when it come to looking for the dress.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping yourself motivated? or want to talk me off the top of the chocolate jar! I'm a comfort eater so when I feel like this I just want to eat Smiley sad

Pea x

3 replies

Latest activity by SunnyOrangeCars839, 9 of May of 2017 at 10:31
  • M
    Beginner September 2018
    mrsthomastobe2018 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pea,

Trying on wedding dresses is the most exciting part of wedding planning, why not book one appointment with some of your nearest and dearest to get in the mood for it?

I'm getting married next year and have been on Slimming World and lost 2 stone in 6 months (and I haven't even been strict!) - if you haven't tried it before and want to loose a couple of lbs you should give it a go! It's all about having a balanced diet, so you can have your cake and eat it (in moderation lol!).

Whether we are size 8 or size 30, we all have parts of our body's which we hate and want to change but remember your other half loves you for who you are - don't change just for the photos!

J xx

• Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Hi Pea

Sorry, only just seen this! Smiley sad don't think we don't care!

I keep myself motivated by making a list of all the reasons I hate being overweight/unfit. Things like not being able to wear the kind of clothes I like, getting out of breath doing simple tasks etc.

Try breaking your weightloss down into little mini goals too - it's easier to take it half a stone at a time than to say "I need to lose 4 stone"

Finally, find something else to do with your hands. It sounds daft, but I can't snack when I knit, so I knit!

Much love to you

xx

• S
    SunnyBlueStationery810 ·
    • Hide content

I'm currently trying to lose weight too. At the moment I'm a size 16 on the high street and weight loss is stagnating however, what I have been doing to keep myself going is looking at pictures of my old self and it gets me down but it also makes me mad enough to keep at it ?

• S
    Beginner September 2018
    SunnyOrangeCars839 ·
    • Hide content

Hey girl Smiley smile First of all don't freak out! You don't even have set the date of the wedding and you started to freak out?? What will be next??

My advice is to relax and be concrete. You know that this time will come sooner than you think so start from the begging. A healthy diet and some exercises... You will see for sure the results you want!

My problem were the nightmares of a disaster in my weeding but I found an amazing dream book and I find out everything is ok, just I am too stressed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics