Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Doughnut
Beginner June 2008

Argh I've run out of contact lenses!

Doughnut, 3 April, 2009 at 09:51 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

I've been meaning to order them but I need an eye test so haven't ordered any. Meant to do it earlier in the week but I've been wrapped up in uni assignments.It's my Mum's 60th birthday party tomorrow night and I can't wear my glasses as I already have braces so look horrendous enough ?

I've ordered now but if they don't come tomorrow do you think I can go to the opticians and beg them for a free pair of dailies and book in for an eyetest and contact lens check? I've never run out before as I can't live without them but haven't left the house for days so not needed them ? If not, can anyone post me a -4.75 first class please ?

8 replies

Latest activity by Mrs C, 27 June, 2011 at 10:11
  • Zo�
    Beginner July 2009
    Zo� ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, you might be lucky someone might be able to fit you in today or tomorrow worth finding out.

We have some spare as H had some left over of his old prescription but sadly his are only -1.75

• M
    Beginner March 2009
    Mrs Bloom ·
    • Hide content

I get mine posted out from Specsavers but I ran out early once before my next lot came and I managed to beg a couple of pairs off my local branch so it's probably worth a try...

• Hecate
    Beginner
    Hecate ·
    • Hide content

I would have thought you could purchase contacts from any optician if you have a prescription

• I
    Beginner May 2004
    Irish Eyes ·
    • Hide content

I have two Focus Dailies -4.75 (daily disposable) on my desk which I can post first class to you (they are the spare I keep at work) - happy to help if any good to you.

IE

• M
    MrsSW ·
    • Hide content

I have a -6.5 and a -7.0 - would probably feel like you had x-ray vision with those in! Your optician would prob give you a spare pair I reckon.

• M
    Beginner
    Mwnci ·
    • Hide content

I've not used them but would this site be of any use?

• Doughnut
    Beginner June 2008
    Doughnut ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. I don't have an optician as I order them online, but I was going to have my eyes tested at a local one I went to a few years ago. I ordered them on line so fingers crossed they arrive tomorrow.

• Roobarb
    Beginner January 2007
    Roobarb ·
    • Hide content

Agh, just seen this. My sister is an optician and always has trial lenses lying about, I could perhaps have blagged a pair of those off her for you! Hope they arrive OK xx

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Feck off Cleuk123..... sell your wares to someone who cares......

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics