Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

avintagebride
Beginner March 2012

Argh! Wedding underwear SUCKS!

avintagebride, 15 January, 2011 at 16:00 Posted on Planning 0 16

RANT.

Firstly I hate white/ivory/nude colured underwear. It is not flattering. BLACK is flattering.

Secondly I don't want my stomach out, I want it flattened by something and covered up for the wedding night.

Thirdly I want straps.

Why do all the corsets seem to finish at your belly button?? And be cut high over the hip? What, so all the flab that's being squashed pops out the bottom/sides? What a great look. NOT

Hate. Hate. Hate it all.

And I'm done.

16 replies

Latest activity by Mrsmcd2b, 15 January, 2011 at 21:11
  • avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

I wish I had that option but my dress has no in built corset and I need a bra or my boobs will look awful! x

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I feel your pain, i bought to beaustiful corsets that held my boobs in place, halved my waist and completelly flattened my tummy!

however, when i tried my dres on with them both, you could see the out line and the point at the bottom stuck out a bit on one and on the 2nd which was a longer one as i wanted to make sure it covered my muffin top, it was too high at the back!! boooo!

my wedding underwear not consists of fleshcoloured strapless bra (im considering the clear straps as with G cups, i dont feel comfortable with no support! my dress does have straps but lacy ones so you'd see a bra stap but hopefully not a clear one) and pants that come down to just about my knees and all the way up to sit under my bra!!! sexy!!!! they do flatten my tummy though!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I had exactly the same problem. Love my steel boned corsets, but they are not good under my flimsy frock. I have gone for an industrial strength lycra all in one (with poppers!!) by Ballet which is as good as anything. Terribly difficult to get into but has proper bra so all is held firmly in place and it doesn't show. And is was in the sale so cost about £20.

Beginner December 2011
    *Karina2009* ·
    • Hide content

Oh no girls i am truly scared lol Smiley smile i am still to look for lingerie and that is worrying me now. did you buy your underwaer before buying dress or after??

karina

xx

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Dress first, other wise you don't know what's already incorporated and what needs to be added!

x

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I got dress first, the ladie in the shop we suggesting (with my mum stood there) that i take fanie r undies with me and just get change into them in the bath room so OH sees the sexy ones the wedding night!

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

I got an all in one ivory satin body to wear under my dress from M&S, it feel slightly rubbery as well so really holds you in and you can wear it strapless. It has a lovely lace panel in the middle and is very pretty. The only difficulties with it are the poppers underneath, they can be really hard to pop back in and because its so figure hugging its extremely difficult to get on or off!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I am hoping that I can wear a normal bra [read with a huge amount of padding] under my dress as its covered at the top. what bra I could wear was a definign factor in dress choosing as my boobs are so rubbish!

• avintagebride
    Beginner March 2012
    avintagebride ·
    • Hide content

Girls, tis a joke isn't it?!

I don't want to wear spanx boohoo! What I need is a longline corselette type thing with a low back and padded cups in ivory/nude. Why does one not exist?!

I have just found this which is nice, and also kinda vintage. Looks like I'd need some additional padding like, but it is quite attractive isn't it?

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

I think its a good choice Laura!

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, I'm starting to worry now. I hope by the wedding I would've lost a fair amount of weight and be trimmer but if I'm not, I know I will need something to tighten things up. We are getting married at the end of August but if I'm wearing great big undies, I'm going to be hot as hell and I want to be comfy, well as much as I can in a great big dress!

I don't think mine has a built in corset thing, there are some elastic straps (is that the same?) and it is a lace up but dunno how supportive its gonna be for my bust or anything???

I never even thought of my underwear before!! arrghh, feeling your stress now!

• AmnesiaCustard
    Beginner June 2011
    AmnesiaCustard ·
    • Hide content

And may I just add...nude? Who's nude??? I have never seen anyone quite that curious browny beigey orangey colour except maybe Cheryl Cole!

• Fleur10
    Beginner June 2011
    Fleur10 ·
    • Hide content

Hope this gives you an idea Laura, its a firm control satin jacquard multiway body. It's very comfy to wear, its from Autograph at M&S and also comes in black (thats not me in the photo by the way.. ?) You cant see from the photo but the lace panel in the middle is very pretty.

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahahahahaahaahaaaaa ? Never thought about that before!

Now this is something I'm really not looking forward to. Next time I go to try my dress on I'm gonna try it without bra. I'm quite large up top (understatement!) but I'll be pretty well strapped in so I might just get away with it. I'll get some nice stuff for the night then and change before bed.

• Mrsmcd2b
    Beginner June 2011
    Mrsmcd2b ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Have you had a look at the Gok Wan underwear?

http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/search/window/show.action?Rpp=16&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Simple&Nao=0&Ntt=gok+wan&N=4294947529

oops sorry for long link don't know how to make it smaller!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics