Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

ARGHH! Fiancé hates my dress!

Much_ado_about_weddings, 22 of June of 2016 at 20:44 Posted on Planning 0 1

ARGHHH!

While I was looking at veils online this eve I tried on my dress again for my fiancé (we're not traditional in the slightest!) as I really wanted his opinion as I've been going back and forth on whether this dress is right for me... and he doesn't like it!!! He said it's a nice dress and I'd look nice in it... Lots of 'nice'es were thrown around. He was much more excited about the dress I wore out last week so it's not just him being a 'man' - I can tell he's not a huge fan. He prefers the dresses I'd originally picked out in my Pintrest board (before I saw this one in a charity shop!) and I agree - I do prefer them but got distracted by the bargain buy.

Soooooo I'm thinking about buying another dress!! ARGHHH! On one hand it's exciting. On the other hand it's stressful as I was smug that was all sorted. Also, I haven't accounted for the expense! I want to find one second hand. I'm after something along the lines of Galia Lahav's mermaid dresses but obviously without the millionaire price tag! Does ANYONE happen to know a cheaper (but similar!) dress type I can start searching for on gumtree and eBay? Would be forever grateful!!!

The dress style we love is this - this specific shape: https://goo.gl/images/3MYVFv

1 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 22 of June of 2016 at 21:09
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I ended up with two dresses too. I bought my first off eBay and my second in a sample sale. You could ring round shops to adk when their sample sales are. Try preloved or bride to bride websites? The dress I wore should have been 1350.00 but I bought the sample which was on sale at 400.00

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I suggest going to a few bridal shops to try things on before you settle on one particular style. And don't put too much stock in what your OH has said based on pictures from the internet. Both I and my OH thought we'd prefer a mermaid style, because he loves my hips and ass, but when I took him dress shopping - just to look at styles - he was more keen on column style dresses. The dresses will look completely different on you compared to the models, and you may find that in real life you prefer something that you never thought you'd look twice at.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics