Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Charlotte
Dedicated February 2022 South East London

Arguing about wedding planning

Charlotte, 2 of March of 2021 at 10:24 Posted on Planning 0 6
Fiancé and I had a relatively minor argument about something to do with the wedding. It was something I had already asked him about and he had agreed, but he has forgotten this and now changed his mind, complicating the work I’d already done.

It is fine, but it has left a really sour taste in my mouth and instead of feeling excited about wedding planning, I just feel a bit down.
I want to go through everything with him again and make sure there is nothing else we disagree on, but I am dreading it, as I know he will not want to and will treat it as a punishment for changing his mind, and it will just make me even less excited about things. Although I know it will help in the long run.

6 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 15:45
  • P
    Dedicated July 2021 West London
    Purple Girl ·
    • Hide content
    I think give him some time. Maybe he needs a break from wedding planning. I don't think they can take it a lot I know my fiance can't.
    Then bring it up again as it is important and it's things u need to both agree on. Good luck x
  • Leonie
    Savvy June 2022 Kent
    Leonie ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, I hope you and your partner have had chance to talk about all this. I often have to remind my partner that the wedding is for both of us and he needs to be involved in the planning.

Perhaps you could ask him for some ideas of what he would like and then make it a light conversation rather than running off a list of things at him to agree to or change x
  • E
    Beginner August 2022 South East London
    Ella ·
    • Hide content
    So sorry to hear this, have been there myself! I can get a bit carried away and love the planning/organising but my fiancé finds it really overwhelming. We got irritated with each other a few weeks ago but we talked about what went wrong and why and agreed to set a time limit of 30 mins per discussion. It doesn’t sound like very long but so far has been very effective because you have limited time to say what you want and get your point across. I put a timer on my phone and it actually felt really productive to make decisions without feeling stressed. Hope that helps! X
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds as if you have some issues with communication. Have you done/looked into doing any pre wedding preparation/counselling? I'd really recommend it if you haven't - you should be able to disagree on something like this without it creating so much fallout. Better to put those communication tools in place now, in the early days, before things escalate into more serious arguments xxx

• Hannah
    Beginner April 2023 Staffordshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks to everyone who has replied! We’ve already decided on a venue now, hopefully going to provisionally book it and I’ll be contacting the registrars. I aim to make this as organised as possible Smiley smile
  • Hannah
    Beginner April 2023 Staffordshire
    Hannah ·
    • Hide content
    Oops weirdly posted on the wrong post ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics