Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner May 2011

Armed forced wedding insurance

BridetobeMrsW, 18 March, 2011 at 09:05 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi all, I know u get questions all the time about wedding insurance but I have another one. We've just bought some with e&l and I'm wondering whether anyone has ever had to claim, particularly for armed forces stuff? My oh was advised the other day to get wedding insurance and I'm worried it may be because of the Libya stuff. The weddings only a month and a half away. Thanks X

2 replies

Latest activity by Little Madam, 18 March, 2011 at 12:56
  • Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I would phone them and ask what their policy is now. I don't want to scare you but the reviews on E&L aren't great.

It took me forever to find decent armed forces cover and I think E&L were one of the ones who required a letter from the CO saying that there was no "imminent risk" of my OH having to go out to a war zone - erm, there is always a risk, and the CO can't make those kind of promises.

We have gone with Voyager, who I talked to lots about this - my OH goes to Afghan 5 weeks after our wedding, although we now are 99.999% sure he will get the wedding off so I've stopeed stressing over this one.

• Pheonix
    Beginner August 2011
    Pheonix ·
    • Hide content

We're with e&l, we didn't get asked for any letter from the co though? I know a couple of people who had to claim through them and haven't had any problems! - damn the army!

My OH's regiment is on summer leave while our wedding is on, thats why we booked in August so all should be fine - though it is the army and I don't know if I'll trust this completely until I see him at the end of the aisle! :o)

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

@ Pheonix - Did you speak to someone and ask what would happen should you need to claim?

I called tens of companies and I think you will find when you call and ask they say you need to provide reasonable assurance that he wasn't already planning on being away when you booked and the suggested way to do that is a letter from the CO / BCO

I know what you mean and I think your right not to trust this until he is standing there at the end of the aisle. The government have just announced we are going into Libya (on BBC news as we speak) - I know OHs lot got briefed on this and those not on the Afghan summer list are now on the Libya standby list. I'm less worried as we know he is def going away and the dates are unlikely to move by a more than a few weeks due to the nature of the swap over and the 6 month cycle that OHs regiment do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics