Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

emmy1979
Rockstar June 2023 West Yorkshire

Arrgggh, I am about to uninvite my sister to my wedding in a minute!

emmy1979, 3 of August of 2010 at 18:44 Posted on Planning 0 19

Sorry about this but if I don't vent my head will definitely explode.

My sister sent me a text on sat saying 'X and Y have asked what you want for a wedding present, they are still coming aren't they?'. These are her friends who she invited to the wedding without asking and who we really don't want there for several reasons, the main being they have been horrible about my OH in the past. This has been explained several times to my parents and my sister but they refuse to listen. So I texted back. 'If I wanted X and Y to come I would have sent them an invite! For the last time no, they are not invited to the wedding.' This resulted in my sister going APE and sending loads of abusive messages about my OH. In the end I just ignored her.

Fast forward to today and my mum rang me and said 'Your sister isn't coming to your hen do on Sat because you've fallen out and she says you were horrible to her.' I'm so annoyed that 1. She has got my parents involved (again) 2. She can't even be bothered to tell me she's not coming and 3. She sounds like a ten year old! Apparently she was on the phone to my mum on Sat night crying. This a grown woman, who has a family of her own , crying because her friends aren't invited to her sister's wedding. She also kicked off saying I hadn't spent enough on the pageboy outfits (her son, my nephew is a pageboy) I've spent 30 quid on the suits and I'm paying for the shoes and I have three of them and my budget is running out. I'm not being unreasonable here am I to find her behaviour weird? I'm so close to ringing her and saying 'You aren't bothering to make an effort, you obviously don't like H2B, just don't bother coming' because I can just not cope with her attention seeking on my wedding day. Aaaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!

Thanks if you've got this far!

19 replies

Latest activity by lamby, 4 of August of 2010 at 19:28
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

She does sound like a total PITA and a stroppy cow for the sake of it....just ignore her. If she wants to throw her toys out of the pram then so be it...... I would be tempted to tell her not to bother coming to the wedding if it pains her so much to be without her friends/have anything nice to say about her brother in law.....

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

What a cow. She sounds incredibly jealous and spoilt. You want people there to support you and who love you.

I shall take her place! I'm being Alan at Rae's wedding - I can be your pretend sister for a day however I'm not sure I could rustle up any page boys.

Big hugs x

• Beckyv83
    Beginner September 2010
    Beckyv83 ·
    • Hide content

How horrible, poor you.

Dont give in to it, let her act like a child, its your day and she should not be dictating who can come and who cant.

xx

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Sorry emmy - I remember you posting about her before with these x and y fellows. She's been totally unreasonable, don't doubt yourself for a second! But if I were you, sit on your hands if it means stopping yourself ringing her to say that...And I only say this from a big family fall out we've just had that's left me and others regretting stuff we've hurled (in well earned temper) so close to the wedding. It's not worth it - I'm not saying this in defense of her, but for your own special day and the run up to it, there will be nothing more stressful and upsetting than falling out and probably making up, but it feeling a little bit sh*t on your wedding day.

I wouldn't be nice to her either though, that said! Ignore, ignore and hopefully she will stop being such a spoilt cow (but if not at least you'll still maintain some dignity/sanity)

Drink Wine x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

aw try and not fall out with your sis. She is being completely rediculous but I think you should be the bigger person. Phone her nad tell her you want her to be there for your hen. Explain that you just want your close friends and family at the wedding, and that the budget really doesnt stretch to friends of family. Try and sort it out cos you dont want an atmosphere for the big day!! Chin up pet. Smiley smile

• chocoholic_claire
    Beginner August 2010
    chocoholic_claire ·
    • Hide content

Wow, she sounds like a bit of a nightmare! Stick to your guns about the friends, it's your day not hers.

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I luff you Spangles!

Sorry to hear your sis is still being a PITA emmy. I hope she realises how childish she's being soon and snaps out of it!

• littlelady01
    Beginner October 2010
    littlelady01 ·
    • Hide content

First of all big hug ? .

I can understand what your going through with the stress of family members as I'm going through it with my mum and younger sister and its getting worse the closer its getting the wedding. i'd leave it till tomorrow to let things calm down and ring her and tell her you want her at the hen do and go from there remember no matter how spoilt she acts you don't want the added stress of a big fallout for your wedding, but I would definatly stick to your guns and not allow the friends to come.

Good luck

• atlonglast
    Beginner November 2010
    atlonglast ·
    • Hide content

What a stroppy little madam she is.

Its your day and its supposed to be your way. Its not like your being unreasonable. Hope you sort it all out soon.

x

• M
    MissSapphire ·
    • Hide content

Well, she shouldn't do this to you, it's obvious. But think a little, it's your family... Do you really want to spend that special day without her? You should go to her and explain to her all that you want, make peace and after the wedding you can be upset with her, but not on your wedding day... That has to be YOUR day! Good luck!?

• emmy1979
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, now that I have slept on it I definitely won't uninvite her (is that even a word?) but if she starts to cause more trouble I'm just going to lay it on the line to her that if she ruins my wedding day she will not be forgiven. I have forgiven her for so many things that she seems to think she can get away with anything - she was horrible to me when I was very ill and pregnant with DS2 because she was jealous and ttc (I understood this though) and she announced she was pregnant at my house the day I'd given birth and brought DS2 home from hospital, which has made me very wary of her. Also I think because I'm not eating any carbs I'm in a right grump so it might be that I'm not feeling as calm and willing to let things go as I should be. ?

Thank you everyone for talking some sense to me!

• emmy1979
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spangles/Raef - who the heck is Alan? ?

• Spangler
    Beginner September 2010
    Spangler ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be Alan's understudy for Raef's wedding day. Alan is Rae's OH's "mate" who keeps letting them down. Now where did I put my fake mootash....?

• emmy1979
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content

?, riiiiiggggghhhht! Now I get you, I thought it was some bizarre reference to Alan Partridge or something! I wondered how Alan partridge could fit into Raef's wedding.

Raef - all Alan's seem useless, every single one I know seems a bit sketchy. (Apologies in advance if your dad/brother/oh/uncle is called Alan)

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content

Hope you get sorted Emmy - and have a fab Hen Night regardless of her stroppy little girl antics ?

I actually laughed out loud in my car this morning to a random news story which claims studys show people who have sisters are more likely to feel secure, loved, confident and happy. Pah! (Know not all sisters are horrid but my two are right stinkers too and were never on our guest list so can relate - nowt as queer as family eh!)

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

Personally I would just ignore her and let her realise how immature she's being.

• Mrs_T2B
    Beginner May 2011
    Mrs_T2B ·
    • Hide content

I would just ignore her. She sounds as though she is a child, my 12 yr old BM isn't even that moody! Also WTH has it got to do with her how much you are spending on your PB outfit?

She sounds very parthetic, selfish and self centred. If she carried on insulting my H2B even after you have told her this is not on she would most definitely not be on my wedding list. Afterall it's both yours and your H2B days and I think it's unfair he should have to sit with people that clearly don't like him ☹️

• Strippy2011
    Beginner June 2011
    Strippy2011 ·
    • Hide content

Hey sweet - I know exactly what you mean here! My sister is being a pain too - not quite to that degree but she keeps wanting to invite all her friends to MY wedding because "Im going to be bored!" then when I tell her im not inviting them becuase theyre not my friends and I simply do NOT have the room she throws a fit!

She's also moaning about having not tried on any dresses yet -even though I have given her plenty of opportunities to come shopping with me, yet she never does!!

You sister sounds like shes jealous - Just try to keep calm and dont fuel the fire! If she doesnt want to turn up because shes too childish thats up to her - but you should talk to her - call her and explain that its your wedding and you decide whos invited and that she needs to understand that.

xx

• emmy1979
    emmy1979 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow - so your sister's never even made the guest list? They must be terrible, how have you got round that with your mum, or is she in full agreement? Families are a nightmare aren't they, if I didn't look so much like my Dad I'd swear I was adopted. I am utterly different to my parents and sister but my brother and I are quite similar. It's so weird that we all share the same gene pool!

• lamby
    Beginner August 2010
    lamby ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know - Me and my Mum are very similar and close but my sisters are a totally different entity! I think we are just quite nice, normal people, if I do say so myself, but my sisters are straight from the cast of shameless / evil dead! Although I jest, it is horrible and wasn't an easy decision - one in particular has done soooo much big and awful stuff to my Mum, her own three children (who my Mum has custody of so you can imagine) and in recent years to me, and I finally decided just over a year ago that they bring nothing positive to my life, if they were friends I'd have shed them years ago, and that it would be no exaggeration to say they'd have pretty much ruined our wedding. It's a forever decision though isn't it? I know there is no going back, but we had already fallen out, I don't know what would have happened if it had been so close to the wedding so I'm thankful for that. My Mum was upset but not angry if that makes sense, and did respect my decision. She's about a year or 2 behind me on the realisation-that-they-are-awful front and said recently that although she's slightly embarrassed they're not there, she would have been a hell of a lot more embarrassed if they were.

Hope your sis sorts herself out a bit though and the self awareness fairy pays her a visit in the next couple of days x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics